Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
I have noticed many people talking about how they do not like the changes implemented in iOS 7....

So my question is, why did you upgrade, especially when iOS 7 was announced and previewed at the WWDC '13 Keynote, as well as the iPhone release event?

Obviously, this thread does not apply to everyone.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
It's simply a matter of taste. Some people like it and others don't. That's human nature.

Then of course, there are those that just moan for the sake of doing so! ;)

Jiz

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
Not compatible with all Macs!

Well, after my upgrade to IOS7 my iPhone is not compatible with my 2 Macs running OS 10.5.8.
Cannot access iTunes to back up or sync.

Now I must upgrade to Snow Leopard.
Unfortunately after visiting an Apple store, then an hour on the phone....Snow Leopard is not available here in Thailand and they DONT KNOW WHEN THREY WILL HAVE IT.

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
Well, after my upgrade to IOS7 my iPhone is not compatible with my 2 Macs running OS 10.5.8.

Unfortunately after visiting an Apple store, then an hour on the phone....Snow Leopard is not available here in Thailand and they DONT KNOW WHEN THREY WILL HAVE IT.

Snow Leopard came out in 2009 - can't you get a copy off if eBay?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I upgraded my Mini and 4S but then noticed one of my most used apps has a bug in it with notifications. I downgraded back to 6.1.3 on both on Friday.

That app was updated for the phone on Friday but not for the iPad. Once the iPad version gets updated, I'll upgrade again.

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco

Yes, unfortunately you need OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to use the version of iTunes compatible with iOS 7.

You could always buy a copy of Snow Leopard from eBay..

juswest

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
People who frequent these forums have no excuse. However, I have encountered plenty of people that dislike the changes. They have said they'll stick with it, because they like Apple.

Blau

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Redlands, CA
Everyone so far at my school that I've seen running iOS 7 seem to like it. It's all a matter of preference though.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA

I don't know where you are in Thailand, but there are several places in Bangkok that sell it - for very little I might add.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I have noticed many people talking about how they do not like the changes implemented in iOS 7....

So my question is, why did you upgrade, especially when iOS 7 was announced and previewed at the WWDC '13 Keynote, as well as the iPhone release event?

Obviously, this thread does not apply to everyone.

I think most people updated to see if they liked the new iOS..

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
I updated because of the new features even though I knew I wouldn't like the look.

Apps like clock and calendar look like they have had a bucket of white paint poured on them. Which makes the harder to read and harder to use since you don't have the clues as to where the gadgets end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.