Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
For those of you who have seen the gold iPhone 5S, do you feel that the white faceplate and/or screen seems to FEEL "dirtier" (tinted) because of the surrounding gold color?

I have always had a black iPhone, but am definitely coming to the white side of things this time around.

The silver iPhone 5S seems to have the cleanest, whitest look all-around; even on the white faceplate and screen.

When I then look at the gold 5S, the white faceplate seems skewed to the surrounding gold.

It's probably on the order of an optical illusion (or brain trick) to me, but do any of you feel this way too and it makes it less likely that you'd go for the gold? Just curious.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Even in pictures, the silver has the "coolest" (I don't mean cool, I mean easier on the eyes) look. The gold is a little harder on the eyes, but a lot of us felt that the gold was new looking and also your eyes will eventually adjust to it and it will become subconscious.

It's like looking at TVs in the store. you compare models looking for the best picture, but if you took home the less expensive one, you won't notice the lower quality screen after a day of watching it.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
The color white (technically lack of color) is a reflective color, it is just reflecting the gold around it. If the metal was blue then the white would have a slight blue hue to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.