Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dudsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was hoping you could help me out here.

I have an iPhone 4s that currently runs on 6.1.2. Software update shows 6.1.3 to update which I heard sucks reg. battery drain.

Now I wonder if I upgrade to 6.1.3 if I would actually have the chance to update to 6.1.4 after, or if it offers me only 7.0 after that. Or maybe instead of 6.1.3 it instals 7.0 on it right away... I have no idea.

Thanks for any information on that.
D

GoofyCyborg

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Wales, UK
You cannot update to 6.1.3 anymore, you can only update to iOS 7.

For the record i have been running 6.1.3 on my 4s, my iPad 3 and iPad 4 without any trouble for a long time. No battery issues at all.

Oh and 6.1.4 was only made available to iPhone 5 users. 6.1.3 is the or i should say was the latest firmware for the 4s.

dudsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Ah ok, thanks!

So if it tells/shows me it wants to update to 6.1.3, it would actually skip that and instal 7.0.

Even if it would update to 6.1.3 I'd be to worried about the battery drain, even though it sounds like you've been lucky, but there was a huge complain about the battery drainage...

Maybe I just stick with 6.1.2, not having any problems. Just concerned about what ever security issues. I saw 7.0 at a friends 4s, looked ugly as hell and was slooow... pff

Thanks again for the quick respond, Goofy!

GoofyCyborg

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Wales, UK
There has been battery drain complaints in every firmware release, just as there is in iOS 7 now. Also apparantly safari is a lot more snappier in each and every new release. :D

Yea if you try to update you will end up on iOS 7 because apple are no longer signing iOS 6

Oh i cant remember off the top of my head but I'm sure iOS 6.1.3 was to fix an issue with the baseband as one or two networks such as Vodafone UK (i think) had issues with the baseband on 6.1.2

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
is there any way for me to get 6.1.2? I'm currently jailbroken on iphone 4s running 6.0.1. Is there even any reason for me to get 6.1.2?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
You can't update anymore without going to iOS 7.

He has 6.1.2, meaning his iphone is jail-breakable, meaning he can go to any OS, there are IOS images on the web for this purpose, not from Apple of course.

However once updated to 6.1.4, there is NO UNDO, because there is no jailbreak for 6.1.4.

OP, is there a particular reason you need to go to 6.1.4?

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
He has 6.1.2, meaning his iphone is jail-breakable, meaning he can go to any OS, there are IOS images on the web for this purpose, not from Apple of course.

However once updated to 6.1.4, there is NO UNDO, because there is no jailbreak for 6.1.4.

I wasn't replying to the OP, I was replying to Globug who said he was on iOS 6.0.1.

And I'm not sure about this 'IOS image' method you're talking about, if such a thing actually worked it would be all over the internet by now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.