Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SKillEX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
- Didn't order one Friday morning.
- Getting an early upgrade from AT&T since I got the 5 last year, so I have to go through them.
- All of my local stores say that my whole state (CT) is sold out of 5s. I called a few stores. One said they'd get some in 1-2 weeks, another said "realistically, we probably won't get another shipment until Black Friday." Others just didn't comment and rushed me off the phone after telling me they were sold out.

Should I order one in store? or online on the AT&T website? Or should I just wait and see if any come in this week? I don't think any third party stores like Radio Shack or Best Buy give partial upgrades, so those aren't even an option either.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I went down to my local AT&T store this past weekend and they had one in stock. I keep hearing people are walking in any buying them from Apple and AT&T stores (and others) so you may just want to walk in somewhere. I assume you will be told "sold out" on any phone call but YMMV.

What you should do depends on how you want to spend your time and effort. You can order one and know when it will arrive or try to find one. Good luck either way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.