Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Siri on my touch 5g sometimes shows a purple bar at the top of the screen...sometimes it's visible and other times it's not...anyone know why this happens? And I understand that the servers may be busy, but I get this pretty much 3/5 of the time. And I'm not even trying to do anything really difficult...just check the weather or open an app. I just want to know why this happens!

Attachments

• IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1528.JPG
    IMG_1528.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 48

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
Siri on my touch 5g sometimes shows a purple bar at the top of the screen...sometimes it's visible and other times it's not...anyone know why this happens? And I understand that the servers may be busy, but I get this pretty much 3/5 of the time. And I'm not even trying to do anything really difficult...just check the weather or open an app. I just want to know why this happens!

Siri relies on both Nuance-owned servers and Apple-owned servers. Nuance-owned servers take the audio clip of you giving Siri a command and figure out what words you used. Apple-owned servers use the transcription to figure out how Siri should respond.

iOS7 has been out for less than a week. Eventually, use of Siri will die down. However, Nuance's servers can be bogged down by other people using any of their technologies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.