Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Ok, I know this is weird but I don't know what to do. I'm on Verizon and ALL of my wifi data is being counted towards my VZW cell usage. I downloaded 2 GB's of music via iTunes Match. I have Cellular data turned off and was using my home wifi. All of a sudden my VZW app explodes saying that I've approached and passed my data cap. I thought this happened a few days ago but I ignored it. Who do I contact and how can I prove this. My cell usage in the settings shows 2GB's and the My Verizon app shows I've used 2GB's in the last hour. But all this was done on wifi

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Do you have iOS 7? You can go into Settings > Cellular and scroll down to see what apps are using your Verizon data, and how much. I'd check there first and see if it confirms what you're seeing.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Do you have iOS 7? You can go into Settings > Cellular and scroll down to see what apps are using your Verizon data, and how much. I'd check there first and see if it confirms what you're seeing.

Yep it's showing 2.2GB for music

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.