Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:03 AM   #1
marddin
macrumors 6502

Best iPhone 5S screen protector

Hi all, was just wonder what the best screen for the 5S is. Will regular iPhone 5 protectors work with the 5S?
marddin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 01:55 AM   #2
Chopstick217
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Chopstick217
I use the screen protectors from Spigen.com, they all work fine with the 5S
Chopstick217 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:04 AM   #3
trek360
macrumors regular

I agree with spigen. I bought the ultra crystal front and back for the 5 and it works fine on the 5s. It is essentially comparable to the power support brand which had my vote for the best when they sold in the US.

Spigen has several different varieties like crystal or matte and is very inexpensive considering the quality. I paid <$10 on amazon.
trek360 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:10 AM   #4
deeddawg
macrumors 601

Define "best"...
Willing to spend $40+? Look at the tempered glass overlays.
Not feeling that rich, Green Onions Supply Oleophobic is nice; I used one on my new 5S. On par with the SPIGEN I had on my 4S. SPIGEN and PowerSupport are also good. I went with the one I did since it was favorably rated and available off the shelf for a good price locally.
deeddawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:24 AM   #5
ABC5S
macrumors 65816

Was going to purchase the Spigen screen protector, but today a friend of mine gave me the Zeetron Bionic Shield below. Her job is to test than review many products. Haven't used it yet, since my iphone has not arrived yet, but I did a google review and its actually has good feedback, not to mention how easy it is to install. Take a look at the YouTube of it being installed. $19.99 from amazon

Glas. tR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oknL88XxwO4

http://www.amazon.com/Zeetron-Temper...+Bionic+Shield

PS: Look at the video and see how, by placing one finger, and tap on the screen after installation, the installation is applied by itself except the last part upper right side. Neat

Last edited by ABC5S; Sep 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
ABC5S is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:57 AM   #6
marddin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC5S View Post
Was going to purchase the Spigen screen protector, but today a friend of mine gave me the Zeetron Bionic Shield below. Her job is to test than review many products. Haven't used it yet, since my iphone has not arrived yet, but I did a google review and its actually has good feedback, not to mention how easy it is to install. Take a look at the YouTube of it being installed. $19.99 from amazon

Glas. tR

PS: Look at the video and see how, by placing one finger, and tap on the screen after installation, the installation is applied by itself except the last part upper right side. Neat
Looks great. But have you tried on iPhone 5S. I know they are identical but just wanted to ask.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:46 AM   #7
ABC5S
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by marddin View Post
Looks great. But have you tried on iPhone 5S. I know they are identical but just wanted to ask.
Not yet. Won't get my 5s until tomorrow. Will post sometime in the early evening
Old Sep 24, 2013, 05:00 PM   #8
marddin
macrumors 6502

I ended up scooping a sgp slim armor and ultra crystal protector from Amazon. Hope it works out.

----------

Will definitely look into the tempered glass protectors though. Does it make the phone any thicker? I feel like it would raise the height of it using those glass protectors
Old Sep 24, 2013, 05:10 PM   #9
webslinger85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
----------

[/COLOR]Will definitely look into the tempered glass protectors though. Does it make the phone any thicker? I feel like it would raise the height of it using those glass protectors
It's barely noticable, only time you'll notice a difference is when hitting the home button
Old Sep 24, 2013, 05:13 PM   #10
Maximus831
macrumors member

Would this work with the fingerprint sensor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC5S View Post

Glas. tR

Maximus831 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 05:49 PM   #11
ABC5S
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus831 View Post
Would this work with the fingerprint sensor ?
One individual on a youtube site said it did, but for the life of me, I cannot find that one again. I will know soon enough and let you know on this thread. Hope so.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 02:16 AM   #12
aluren
macrumors 65816

I've used the Glas from SPG before and they do scratch. I got kinda annoyed by it.

Now I'm using the sapphire krystal shield from xgear and it is perfect, since this material cannot be scratched. It's the same material as the iPhone 5/5s lens cover. It's a little expensive now, but it was $50 on kickstarter. The drawback is that it's a little bit thick, but it does not affect the touch sensitivity.

http://www.xgearlive.com/products/ip...ystal-sapphire
aluren is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 05:40 AM   #13
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Tech Armor iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector [3-Pack] - Retail Packaging
http://amzn.com/B008THTTUI

Best ones IMO plus unlisted replacements. Can't beat it. Some other companies do the same thing.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:38 PM   #14
ABC5S
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Got the phone today, installed the screen protector on it, and all works well. I even goofed the first install, took it off very quickly and reapplied and for the most part it looks pretty good. FingerPrint reader works well with it.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:29 AM   #15
celly
macrumors regular

Been a fan of Moshi for a few years. I like the matte finish (no glare; especially outside). Doesn't take away the beauty of the retina display (to me). SO easy to install. Reusable. Well made compared to other non-glass protectors.

I've got one ready to go for my pending 5s. The 5 second installation will be the first thing I do when I open the 5s box when the brown truck shows up.
celly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 05:29 AM   #16
vomhorizon
macrumors 6502a

I'm gonna get this one

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/i...nano-slim.html
vomhorizon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 06:47 AM   #17
white4s
macrumors 6502a

I buy the generic ones from ebay. never had an issue with them

I just bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/200963493029...84.m1497.l2649
white4s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:31 AM   #18
b-rad g
macrumors 6502a

I have to give a shout out to Monoprice. I have been a loyal Power Support screen protector user since the iPhone 4 and everytime I have used them they have been excellent.

But since their website had changed and at the time I couldn't find anywhere to order from them I decided to give Monoprice a shot since I was ordering cables from them anyway.

I didn't have high hopes since I was buying a 3-pack for about $3, but if it was half decent it was better than nothing. Well I am pleased to say that I received tham yesterday, installed them right away on my and my wife's iPhone 5s' and they are fantastic.

Nailed the install first time on both phones with absolutely no air bubbles and if it wasn't for the cutout around the camera and speaker you'd never know it was on there! So far very pleased with their protectors, and time will tell how they hold up to scratches and fingerprints. The fingerprint do wipe off easily so lets hope it stays that way. If they get bad I may splurge another $3 and try out their Matte version.
b-rad g is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:46 AM   #19
Makaveliarts
macrumors 6502

I'm using a Spigen Ultra clear (their basic model pretty sure).

TBH, it's perfect.
Makaveliarts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 01:11 PM   #20
macosxuser01
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveliarts View Post
I'm using a Spigen Ultra clear (their basic model pretty sure).

TBH, it's perfect.
That is perfect for basic screen protector or the new GLAS.tR NANO SLIM.
However, it's pricey at $39.99 + tax. http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/i...nano-slim.html
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:11 PM   #21
VSMacOne
macrumors 68030

I've been using InvisibleShields for years and never had issues with them. When they get dirty or start peeling up they're easy enough to replace (just pay shipping). I used the HD version for my iPhone 5 and it's still on there now that my wife has it. I'm yet to install one on my 5s, but I think i'm gonna stick with IS.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:23 PM   #22
jdaniel
macrumors 6502a

I use power support matte hd and have been using them since 3G or 3GS nothing else is cut as well
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:27 PM   #23
Rocko1
macrumors 68000

Monoprice has the best/cheapest out there. Can't beat the price, they are clear and really scratch resistant.
Rocko1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:01 PM   #24
mbhforum
macrumors regular

I like armorsuit. You can find them on Amazon for $10.00 and $17 with the carbon fiber wrapping for the back and size. They are very easy to install, no bubbles and feels smooth on the screen.
mbhforum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:28 PM   #25
Po1soNNN
macrumors newbie

Probably gonna go with tech armor or the cheap spigen ones. Honestly I've never been able to tell the difference between an expensive one and cheap one and as long as you have a case on you shouldn't be focusing on smash protection from a screen protector...
Po1soNNN is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories