Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Manhattan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Hey guys,has there been any reports of the iphone 5s having any scuffgate issues??

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
I have had mine since launch day, no scuffs so far.

My case gets delivered tomorrow though, you'd have to be an crazy person not to use one ;)

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Scuff gate issues with the space grey?

I was wondering since some people have had their iphone 5s for a few days are there issues with scuff gate on the space grey 5s?

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
I was wondering since some people have had their iphone 5s for a few days are there issues with scuff gate on the space grey 5s?

I put the apple leather case on mine right away. However the Space Grey is much lighter than the black from last year. I don't think it will be as noticable.

Finally I want to mention with the design of the new leather cases, the gold will look really good in a black case.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I put the apple leather case on mine right away. However the Space Grey is much lighter than the black from last year. I don't think it will be as noticable.

Finally I want to mention with the design of the new leather cases, the gold will look really good in a black case.

Do you have photos with the gold leather case on your phone?

S

syd430

This is the worst use of -gate I have ever seen in my life. It was really painful to read.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010

That video made me cringe.

Especially at the beginning when he brings out a quarter and a key and suggests this is what it would be like if it was in your pocket and then proceeds to attack the phone with those items. What kinds of things go on in that man's pockets that his keys and quarters assault his devices like that?

(also, pro tip: don't keep keys/quarters/anything in the same pocket as your phone. duh)

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013

Just got my case this morning. Haven't had a single scratch or scuff to my grey 5s since launch day.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
This is the worst use of -gate I have ever seen in my life. It was really painful to read.

Worst? Really? It's actually a valid question. If you don't like the thread you don't have to comment. Be positive or be silent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.