Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marlman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
I ordered my Gold 32gb 5s at 12.02am Friday and got the same message that I think everyone got 7th to 10th Oct for delivery.

I do not think this is fair, I expected a week like when I ordered my iPad 4 but this is not acceptable.

They obviously did not have ANY stock of anything available I just think we should have known this before ordering.

What is worse is that I am with O2 and was going to order with them but stupidly thought I would be better off with Apple. O2 people are getting them this week I think.

Now I just feel stupid and conned by the Apple hype and like everyone else I just have to bite the bullet and wait.

Am I the only one to feel like this?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I do not think this is fair, I expected a week like when I ordered my iPad 4 but this is not acceptable.
I had to wait three weeks to get an iPhone 5 (of any color) last year, so I personally don't find your 2.5 week wait unacceptable.

Baytriple

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
What a travesty. I mean how could apple macintosh do this to you.

Innocent children are being shot in a mall in Kenya and this is the worst thing in your life.

1st world problems eh!

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
I ordered my Gold 32gb 5s at 12.02am Friday and got the same message that I think everyone got 7th to 10th Oct for delivery.

So you saw 7-10 working days and ordered, exactly how did they "con" you?

I saw the delay when I went to order online so I went and sat in the cold for 4 hours to make sure I got a 5s.

No one conned you, it's not like it said "next day delivery" and then took 7-10 days. You weren't forced to order one, the delay on delivery was made quite apparent.

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
o2 arent getting them in a week
current wait times

Black two weeks
Silver 4 Weeks
Gold 12 weeks

I ordered first thing when they came on for business customers to order got told 3-5 days, but actually they never had any gold so its 12 weeks...

Count yourself lucky that Apple will keep to what they have told you

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
got the same message that I think everyone got 7th to 10th Oct for delivery.
Yeah, everyone got that message before they got the chance to pay or even select the phone. How does that equate to a con?
You can feel let down, sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.