Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
For the past few days the weather in today view has been saying the same thing over and over. Regardless of the actual conditions outside it always adds "with low visibility" to the end of the forecast (Cloudy with low visibility, Sunny and clear with low visibility[!]). Is this an iOS 7 thing or a Yahoo thing, since iOS pulls their weather data from them? Anyone else have this bizarre problem and found a workaround?

p.s. yes the lens cap is off.

Last edited:

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Cool. Thanks for letting me know.

Does this sort of thing happen often?

not often, but the same thing happend last saturday and into sunday too. saturday nights weather was frozen on the screen all day sunday and wouldnt refresh.

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
What I have done is leave location on for weather, but manually entered my location and always open it on that screen. That way, the weather updates in about 1 second instead of several seconds or never on the current location screen. The native weather app has been like this since you were able to use current location (always very slow to update compared to other weather apps). I was hoping this would change with iOS 7.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
I disabled Background App Refresh for the weather app and it started displaying the current weather again. I reenabled it so it may be Background App Refresh

that be me

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Quick update.
After going into my local Apple store I noticed every single iphone 5s on display has the same issue. The 5c and the 4s display units did not. Stranger still is that occasionally it will fix itself and display the current temperature and the high/low for the day. Sometime later the problem will come back.

I'm confused.:(

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
a lot of people on the forums and the web are reporting bugs in ios7. Hopefully the 7.1 update will go a long way to correctly issues like the one that you mention.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Its usually pretty accurate, though it says 20mph winds but they have been FAR FAR higher than that tonight here.

Still liking the written weather report tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.