Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kabir8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
LA
I asked this question in the little stupid questions thread, but this is not stupid, nor is it something I have been able to fix.
First of all, I work with computers and phones for my job. I am experienced with jailbreaking, developing, coding, html, etc.
So I'm not new to this, nor am I a novice when it comes to smartphone technology, specifically Apple products.

I receive missed calls from work or I ignore telemarketers.
In the Notification center, It will NOT disappear unless I reboot my phone.
There is no option to CLEAR like you would looking at your e-mails, and if I manually DELETE the contact from my recent calls, or recent missed calls list in the phone application, it STILL remains in the Missed tab in the notification center.

This is very annoying, and it's also distracting. I can't X it out to clear it, nor can I swipe it. If I click on the missed call and make the call to the missed number, it still remains in the Missed tab. This is unlike any behavior I have seen on the iPhone before. Someone else must be noticing this. Any tips would be great.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You should be able to close/X those notifications from the All tab in the Notification Center and/or simply by looking in the Recents section of the Phone app.

weeman

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2007
Orange County, CA
Same problem here and I notice it only happens with missed calls...every other notification I get is able to clear no problem.

The only workaround that I have noticed to clear the notification from the missed tab is a restart

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.