Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Sep 24, 2013, 07:34 PM   #1
caughtinthegrey
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Possible water damage?

Okay so I was enjoying some youtube videos, and eating cheese raviolis, and well, i ended up dripping butter (like melted butter) on my screen, so i just...wiped it off, and continued watching my videos, but then I noticed the screen acting weird, and now its got a small white water damage..cloud spot thing in the corner where it dripped, and everything is very pixelated

I would add a picture but Im using it to post this, and a screenshot wouldnt exactly work lol

but please help. Its the mid 2009 MBA we just bought it used, and I literally got it 4 days ago. like the edges of every color have like a super pixelated border, almost like someone put one of those edge finding color filters over a picture, if you know what Im taking about ^^; Please help I cant afford to get it fixed, or even a new screen to do it myself so please, is there anything I can do?
caughtinthegrey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:14 PM   #2
Taskman
macrumors newbie

Most likely it have gone trough the corner and in thee actual machine. This is why you see it like that.
A tip for the future: Never eat so anything you drop can hit your electronics in any way.
If I'm eating and watching a movie I make sure i sit at least a 50cm to 1m away from it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air