Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
got a 5S yesterday, no iwork or iphoto and when i go to the app store theyre full price. any idea how/where to get them? google shows nothing

5thAgent

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
got a 5S yesterday, no iwork or iphoto and when i go to the app store theyre full price. any idea how/where to get them? google shows nothing

What were you expecting? Hours of labor went into making those two apps. There's no way around paying for paid software unless you tread into illegal activities, which I don't advise that you do.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
What were you expecting? Hours of labor went into making those two apps. There's no way around paying for paid software unless you tread into illegal activities, which I don't advise that you do.

Maybe you missed the part in the iPhone announcement on the 10th when these would be free with new device purchases.

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Iphone 5 Replacement

After 11 1/2 months of owning my trusty iPhone 5 my on/off button became faulty.

I went in to Apple who replaced it FOC and when I updated and synced my apps I was offered iWorks, iMovie, Pages etc free of charge.

obviously I accepted their kind offer.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011

I simply set up the phone, went to App Store (on the phone), and the apps were free.

Contact Apple, either via the web or at an Apple Store, and have them fix it for you.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012

taxi for one...

thinking of backing the phone up, resetting it as a new iphone and downloading them then so theyre tied to my apple id, then starting again with the backup. its a mess about but cant be arsed going to apple when they'll probably just tell me to do the same.

Curun

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
It's buggy. Go in and out. Close app store try again.

My girlfriend's new 5C. Sometimes it shows full price, sometimes it shows free.

Everything is wonky and buggy with Apple's systems.

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
I bought my wife a iPhone 5c and set it up using all her logins and accounts.

I was very surprised when using my iPhone 5 (and my account) later those apps were now all free to me.

Truth be told I was planning on logging in as her in my phone and getting them, but it turned out to not be needed.

My point? Oh. I don't know, I guess my point it is it might be a little buggy. Or not. Who knows. I just like hearing myself talk.

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
I had a similar problem. Find an Apple app in the App Store, and select it. Then, click on Apple below the title. This will pull up all of Apple's apps, and the proper price of Free should appear.

Thierry ba

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
Sarajevo, Bosnia
what were you expecting? Hours of labor went into making those two apps. There's no way around paying for paid software unless you tread into illegal activities, which i don't advise that you do.

laughing.jpg

Gypsy36

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2013
Canada
iWork is a group of apps as in Pages, Keynote & Numbers

Yup, but when I call up any of them they have a price attached. (Although I purchased pages long ago so maybe that is why?) I thought there was supposed to be a "Free Apps screen" that comes up...

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
Yup, but when I call up any of them they have a price attached. (Although I purchased pages long ago so maybe that is why?) I thought there was supposed to be a "Free Apps screen" that comes up...

If I recall correctly the free app screen only comes up if you do a fresh install of iOS. On my iPhone I only performed an update but with my iPad I did a fresh install and the free apps screen came up after I signed in with my account. I had oreads purchased the iWorks apps years ago.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If I recall correctly the free app screen only comes up if you do a fresh install of iOS. On my iPhone I only performed an update but with my iPad I did a fresh install and the free apps screen came up after I signed in with my account. I had oreads purchased the iWorks apps years ago.
Got it on a phone that was simply upgraded from iOS 6 to 7. It came up at one point shortly after upgrading, possibly upon visiting the App Store (although maybe after a few times).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.