Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sashie

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
Hong Kong
I used to be jailbroken and happy on my iPhone 5 with 6.1.2....
But unfortunately, due to battery failure, I had to visit the Genius Bar today to get it fixed... Which, of course, ended up in getting my entire device swapped... *sobs*
I didn't see this coming at all as the genius told me he could just swap my battery... But who knows what went wrong.

Anyway, in the end I now have an iPhone 5 with 6.1.4, question would be:

If I want to stay on the jailbreak train (hopefully one day with ios7 too), should I stay on iOS 6.1.4 or does it not matter anymore and I can just jump to iOS7?

If it doesn't matter much I guess I would prefer a non-jailbroken ios7 to an ios6.

Any insights please?
Much appreciated and many thanks in advance.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I see a greater chance iOS7 will be jailbroken for newer devices than 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbroken for newer devices.

I believe winocm has stated his work is for iPhone 4 and older. Not sure anyone else will port a jailbreak backwards for newer devices.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I see a greater chance iOS7 will be jailbroken for newer devices than 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbroken for newer devices.

I believe winocm has stated his work is for iPhone 4 and older. Not sure anyone else will port a jailbreak backwards for newer devices.

It does seem like they're working out the bugs for the A5+ iDevices jailbreak but can't be certain if it'll come out before the iOS 7 jailbreak

http://blog.ih8sn0w.com/2013/09/some-updates.html?m=1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.