Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xanix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Hello. After installing iOS 7, I'm having a lot of crashes on my iPad mini.
I've done a DFU / restore to have a clean installation. Even so, I'm having lots of random crashes / reboots!

iPad mini crash logs:
- Menu crashes
- CPU crashes (reboot)
- GPU crashes (black screen)
- WiFi crashes

iPod 5 logs:
- Menu crashes
- WiFi crashes

I'm really inclined to think that, Apple has rushed the release of iOS 7, because, they wanted to release the new iPhones. On the iPod it runs ok, but, on the iPad is a total mess. It looks more like an alpha version.

What I don't understand is, on the iPod 800 MHz dual core is fast. On the iPad mini 1000 Mhz dual core it's somehow, slow...

I think that the iOS 7 road map on the iPad mini, will be:
- 7.0 *BAD
- 7.0.2 *USABE
- 7.1 (maybe in the beginning of 2014) *BETTER

*The iPad should continue to be, a reliabale tool. Apple should let us go back to the last iOS 6. I don't want to be a alpha / beta tester.

What do you; iPad fellow users think? Are your iPad stable on the new iOS 7, current version?

Best regards to all,
Xanix

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire
IOS 7 is completely stable and faster than IOS 6 on the two iPad Mini's in our house. Just did a normal update not a clean install, no resets. Everything just works fine.

Xanix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
IOS 7 is completely stable and faster than IOS 6 on the two iPad Mini's in our house. Just did a normal update not a clean install, no resets. Everything just works fine.

Right. So, I can assume that you're crash logs are empty. Right?

Attachments

• Imagem.jpg
    Imagem.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 171

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I'm having issues with unresponsiveness to touch in general, wifi connectivity, and some inconsistencies with the way downloaded/in the cloud purchased TV episodes are shown.

The Gmail app crashed every time I tried to open it on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 until I deleted and reinstalled it, but it worked fine on my newest gen iPod Touch.

I'm hoping the next incremental update will fix the problems I'm having on the iPad. Can't speak for the mini, however.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
IOS 7 on the iPad is definitely lagging behind the iPhone version in polish but I do find it very responsive and stable on my iPad mini. I'm sure we will see it catch up on the next month or two.

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
After I installed iOS 7 my iPad Mini lagged a lot for the first couple hours. Now it runs flawlessly as I haven't experienced any slow down since.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Right. So, I can assume that you're crash logs are empty. Right?

Thanks for the heads up. My wife uses her iPad daily for work and play, and when at work she can't have things slowing her down and distracting her kids. I will tell her to skip this update until Apple works out the bugs.

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Initially, when I updated my iPad Mini via OTA, my iPad's performance was poor, i.e., animations lagged. When I did a clean install, the lag persisted to a certain extent, then became rare after a day. [Closing apps with the five-finger pinch seems to trigger it.]

In both instances, no applications crashed except Safari, during the first update. I'm checking my logs, and I don't see a log for crashes. All my apps have been working great so far, and Safari even appears to run—dare I say it?—snappier.

BerlingerT

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2013
Amelia, Ohio
I haven't had any issues with my iPad Mini (Cellular/Wifi 16 GB) after upgrading to iOS7. OneNote has crashed a few times since, but it isn't anything more noticeable than the occasional app crash I experienced with iOS 6.

All in all, I've experienced no issues with the new software.

Kosinar

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
iPad 3 iOS7 issue.

I am on iOS 7 on both iPhone 5 and iPad 3. Setting on both devices is identical. iPhone operation is flawless. Safari on iPad does not remember my user names on any of the websites where I set "remember me" ON. Reset and restart does not help. Also when selecting photo for wallpaper I can not move and resize it to fit to the screen. When I size it correctly by pinch it will zoom back in when I remove fingers from the screen. It is zooming far in making photo too large to fit on the screen. Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.