Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
I'm sure it has been discussed how Microsoft is trying to be a lot like Apple by going into the hardware business and some other decisions they have made but I just saw something I needed to share.

On the page for the Surface 2 pre-order there is something that made me laugh. Throughout the page they have headers that are colored (blue and purple) and have periods after each word. For example, "Do. More." is at the top of the page. Apple used to be into this very heavily and have since stopped doing it as much (now they use short sentences). But the difference is most of what MS put on this page doesn't make sense... "Clever. Covers", "Hi. Def.", etc. HAHA

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/pre-order?WT.mc_id=Social_FB_App_Countdown

Does anyone else find this humorous? MS has hit rock-bottom IMO. :rolleyes:

kemperman

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
UK
Personally I don't get why they are sniping at apple on their website

'Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 have a full-sized USB 3.0 port (up to 10x faster than USB 2.0) for importing photos, charging your phone or connecting to other devices. iPad doesn't have that. The MicroSD card slot lets you carry your movies and music with you.'

Where's the need. You don't see ANY other OEM doing this

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Just let Microsoft have their fun...

Eventually they'll realize its more about good products than adding. periods. to. the. end. of everything.

Johnnnny

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
"Clever Covers."

Like their marketing team is a bunch of guys with a list of Apple trademarks and a thesaurus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.