Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
well, it's now time to collect the iPhone 6 rumors now that iP5s is out...

-overall dimensions & weight
-screen size
-camera specs
-network specs
-battery life
-BT upgrade
-etc

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
well, it's now time to collect the iPhone 6 rumors now that iP5s is out...

-overall dimensions & weight
-screen size
-camera specs
-network specs
-battery life
-BT upgrade
-etc

I actually had someone ask me today if they should get a 5s or wait for the 6. They were serious.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
I actually had someone ask me today if they should get a 5s or wait for the 6. They were serious.

well, I'm still using an iPhone4, most likely getting a iP5s next 2-3 weeks, just so many ways to spend $$$ these days....
and my kids get the "hand me down" iP4 then

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
It seems almost inevitable Apple will release a bigger iPhone next year. That raises a few interesting questions.

I'm wondering if there will be multiple sizes, the current 4" and the larger one or just the larger one.

And if there is a larger screen, will it just be a scaled up 640x1136 pixels on a display with a lower pixel density? That avoids so-called fragmentation but a lower pixel density feels like a step backwards.

I guess it's time to start doing some math to figure out logical display sizes and pixel densities ;)

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
No iPhone 6 needed since the 5S is "future proof".
cat.gif

SAVAGE5

macrumors member
May 23, 2011
A guy I know who works for Apple Corp. in California said they had drawings on a 4.5" i6

ttinc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
I'm holding onto my 4 until the 6 comes out...for me, not much has changed since the 4 (I think the 5 is a stretched out version and disproportionate for that matter)

Although my home button rarely ever works, my screen got burned from charging it and it doesn't run the new OS too well, I still don't feel I NEED to get a new phone so long as mine is still functioning.

rdsylvia7

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2013
I'm holding onto my 4 until the 6 comes out...for me, not much has changed since the 4 (I think the 5 is a stretched out version and disproportionate for that matter)

Exactly how well does your iP4 run iOS7? Mine's really not liking it. Also siri really is a big improvement, imo.

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
Rounded like the 5c.
Larger Screen

And the 6c next year will have this years 5s specs, with a brand new set of fresh colors...Hopefully in Black plastic.

ttinc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
Exactly how well does your iP4 run iOS7? Mine's really not liking it. Also siri really is a big improvement, imo.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say it runs between 6-7 most of the time and has moments of slowing down and/or crapping out too.

Siri is an improvement over what, voice control? I guess...if you elect to use that feature. I think Siri is a gimmick for most that wears off pretty quickly; although I'm sure there are people whom use it frequently/effectively as well.

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
I bet Apple will do away with the numeric iPhone model number next year.

This.

I was talking about this the other night. The whole numbering scheme is getting pretty long in the tooth. The new one will probably just be called "iPhone".

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
iPhone 6 will be Jony Ive masterpiece...it's going to be the first time Jony gets onstage

"the thinnest lightest iPhone we've ever made with an all aluuuminummm design"

chdwil

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
Well I want a 6" screen with 4gigs of memory and at least 128gb on board storage. With a 4k screen.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Well I want a 6" screen with 4gigs of memory and at least 128gb on board storage. With a 4k screen.

Let's see....
6" screen; for me too large, as I carry my iPhone in my back pocket, the 5s seems "right sized".
Why does EVERYTHING always grow in size for new product launch?
Bigger is not always better, that's what the iPad Mini is for.
Compare the 1984 Original Dodge Mini-van to today's Minivan, today's are truly "full size" in length, what the heck? Slow growth every product cycle.

4gigs of memory and at least 128gb on board storage; sure I've got 32GB now and only 0.5gb free space, so having "more is better" in this case I can agree.

4k screen...really? I know you are joshing of course.

No need, I'll just go to the basement and watch there in my 11.3 set-up
front view ..............
HT%252011.3%2520cover%2520off%2520Pano-b.jpg

Rear view:
_MG_5464.jpg

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
2014 will be a really interesting year for Apple and the iPhone, and I'm pretty excited about it.

It's a "redesign" year and I can't see how Apple won't offer a larger screen. There were stories of them testing screen sizes anywhere between 4.5" - 6" even. So it'll be really interesting.

I'm also curious how they'll handle the whole shifting of the current models. Will the "6C" replace the 5S -- basically same casing but with the internals of the current 5S and probably plus fingerprint scanner? ? Therefore, will the 5S "disappear" like the 5 disappeared this year?

Will the 4S completely be gone? Or will the 5S replace it, but then that wouldn't make sense with the 6C version? And what's to become of the current 5C?

How will it all shift?

Will the 2014 lineup look like... 5C > 6C > 5S > 6? (the "6" devices will have a larger screen, presumably). I don't know.

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
I heard the iP6 will have a eye Retina scanner.

I would not enjoy a bigger screen, but that's just me. Had a friend struggle to pull out her S4 from her pocket today cuz it was in there very snug. I kinda giggled.

The only thing i would really ask for is even better battery life, which means either finding super low power components or somehow squeezing a bigger capacity battery in there without increase weight/size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.