Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hrothgar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
New York
I just subscribed to iTunes Match. I have a lot of protected songs that I want to upgrade to non-DRM. I understand that this may not be available for every song -- depending on the contractual rights.

To upgrade, I understand that I have to delete the song from my library, and then download the non-DRM 256 version from the cloud. What if I delete a song that doesn't have the non-DRM version available? Do I lose it?

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
To upgrade, I understand that I have to delete the song from my library, and then download the non-DRM 256 version from the cloud. What if I delete a song that doesn't have the non-DRM version available? Do I lose it?
If you want to be sure, simply make a backup copy of the file before you try it. Also, you can easily tell in advance if it will work: Go to the song list in iTunes and enable the "iCloud Status" column; if the status is "Matched", re-downloading will give you the DRM-free version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.