Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

massi88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Hi,

I am having some trouble with emails after I upgraded to iOS 7. I have no email notification or sound alert unless I open the emails app, only then the new emails show up and a sound alert is emitted. Did anyone experience the same thing?

Thanks.

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I am getting the sound alerts for emails along with the notification. Did you go to >> Settings >> Sounds >> New Mail and then select a sound?

massi88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Yes I did that, but still, no notification or sound at all. When I open the emails app I only get the sound and no notification. :confused:

----------

I have checked notifications control, mail was not included so I included it, but STILL, it doesn't work!! :eek:

----------

I think I've found the problem, there is no Push option for my gmail account. When I send an email to the icloud account I receive notifications/sound, but not for the gmail one. Is there a way to put the Push option on this account too instead of manual recovery of emails?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Yes I did that, but still, no notification or sound at all. When I open the emails app I only get the sound and no notification. :confused:

----------

I have checked notifications control, mail was not included so I included it, but STILL, it doesn't work!! :eek:

----------

I think I've found the problem, there is no Push option for my gmail account. When I send an email to the icloud account I receive notifications/sound, but not for the gmail one. Is there a way to put the Push option on this account too instead of manual recovery of emails?

No, unless you can set it up using exchange which Google is cracking down on. You can change it from Manual to Fetch though, which will check it periodically (15 minutes) and notify you each time.

massi88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Ok, I forwarded my gmail account to the iCloud one so that I receive push notifications. Thanks for the help! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.