Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:07 PM   #1
IlikeMacsSoMuch
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Blainville, Province of Quebec
Switch to android or othet

Just out of curiosity, will some of you switch to none IOS phone because of ios 7?

Should Jonathan Ive have stayed with the industrial design only?
IlikeMacsSoMuch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Tyler23
macrumors 68040
 
Tyler23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeMacsSoMuch View Post
Just out of curiosity, will some of you switch to none IOS phone because of ios 7?

Should Jonathan Ive have stayed with the industrial design only?
No. I love iOS 7 and have no plans to purchase any phone but an iPhone.

Jony Ive and Craig Federighi did an incredible job.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:10 PM   #3
3bs
macrumors 603
 
3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
No. I love iOS 7 and have no plans to purchase any phone but an iPhone.

Jony Ive and Craig Federighi did an incredible job.
Incredible is a bit of a stretch (in my opinion)
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:11 PM   #4
Tyler23
macrumors 68040
 
Tyler23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
Incredible is a bit of a stretch (in my opinion)
Not in mine. To me, it's about a great of a mix of new and familiar as they could've done.
Tyler23 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:12 PM   #5
maflynn
Moderator
 
maflynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
I'm happy with iOS7, its definitely a breath of fresh air. Its not perfect but then Android isn't either.
__________________
~Mike Flynn
maflynn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:17 PM   #6
adamgbiggs
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Will be staying with apple as will all my family, iOS 7 is great, bar a few bugs but fine otherwise, iOS needed a refresh.

Adam.
adamgbiggs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:21 PM   #7
IlikeMacsSoMuch
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Blainville, Province of Quebec
Well, I like the fact that now we can stream videos from the cloud but I don't like the calender, I prefered IOS 6. And man IOS 7 is a battery sucker
IlikeMacsSoMuch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:25 PM   #8
Stuke00
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Collinsville,IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeMacsSoMuch View Post
Well, I like the fact that now we can stream videos from the cloud but I don't like the calender, I prefered IOS 6. And man IOS 7 is a battery sucker
There are other calendar apps. Not really a reason to switch to an entirely different OS.

iOS 7 for me is amazing on battery. More so than iOS 6
Stuke00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:18 PM   #9
IlikeMacsSoMuch
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Blainville, Province of Quebec
What iPhone do you have, mine is the 5.
As for a good reason to switch, if the fact that tge included apps don't meet my needs is not a good reason, then what would be a good reason?
IlikeMacsSoMuch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:20 PM   #10
SakuraSuki
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeMacsSoMuch View Post
What iPhone do you have, mine is the 5.
As for a good reason to switch, if the fact that tge included apps don't meet my needs is not a good reason, then what would be a good reason?
I am long time Apple and Android user. So yeah, I am not switching to Android because I already own few Android devices. Currently using Nexus 4 as daily driver and iPad Mini, Nexus 7 as my tablet

There are plenty reason for me to use Android as daily driver as opposite of iPhone. First and for most is the screen size. Once you get use to bigger phone, it is very hard for me to go back with 4 inch screen. It just not big enough for me to read. While some people can do everything with 3.5 or 4 inch screen, but into me.

Secondly is freedom. I could do almost everything on my own way. I could choose my theme, my default application, I have freedom of using FILE MANAGER, I have freedom choice my on screen keyboard.
SakuraSuki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:40 PM   #11
IlikeMacsSoMuch
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Blainville, Province of Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraSuki View Post
I am long time Apple and Android user. So yeah, I am not switching to Android because I already own few Android devices. Currently using Nexus 4 as daily driver and iPad Mini, Nexus 7 as my tablet

There are plenty reason for me to use Android as daily driver as opposite of iPhone. First and for most is the screen size. Once you get use to bigger phone, it is very hard for me to go back with 4 inch screen. It just not big enough for me to read. While some people can do everything with 3.5 or 4 inch screen, but into me.

Secondly is freedom. I could do almost everything on my own way. I could choose my theme, my default application, I have freedom of using FILE MANAGER, I have freedom choice my on screen keyboard.

yeah, freedom, that's also something that I am considering. In august I had to switch my mobile plan because of new law in canada so I bought a samsung galaxy s4, ( iPhone owner since the iPhone 4 first day) but everybody kept telling me that I would miss the iPhone so I took it back and got the iPhone 5 instead but now that I upgraded to iOS 7 I am having second thoughts. Not only the screen size but also the actual size was great. I use my iPhone with a Lifeproof case so it doesn't really mather but the iPhone by itself is too small for my hand, I keep on droping it.

I will never switch from OSX but from iOS yeah I certainly could.
__________________
If you're not part of the solution, don't be a part of the problem
IlikeMacsSoMuch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:50 PM   #12
JonyIve
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
No. I love iOS 7 and have no plans to purchase any phone but an iPhone.

Jony Ive and Craig Federighi did an incredible job.
Why thank you.
JonyIve is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:57 PM   #13
IlikeMacsSoMuch
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Blainville, Province of Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyive View Post
why thank you.
lol!
__________________
If you're not part of the solution, don't be a part of the problem
IlikeMacsSoMuch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:00 PM   #14
Slivortal
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I actually like the aesthetics and functionality of iOS7, but it's too taxing on Apple's relatively meager hardware. Battery life suffers, and there are unnecessary animations/lag.

...Which have often been a complaint of Android, which has improved these aspects. At this point, I feel that iOS7 is just a worse Android, so I'm going to probably go for the better product (Note 3).
Slivortal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC