Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
I'm a bit behind. Used to know all about SHSH and such with my iPod Touch 3rd gen but have been out of the loop.

Does Tiny Umbrella save complete, usuable SHSH? Like if I can get the SHSH can I downgrade using it? I read Cydia didn't, does it now?

Why is TU not attempting to save my 7.0.2 SHSH? Do I have to be on it? Or does the program need to be updated? Or is it glitching?

Is shsh all that is needed for downgrading? Also, I should be requesting from apple not cydia right? Cydia is just for if I want ones saved on their server.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I'm a bit behind. Used to know all about SHSH and such with my iPod Touch 3rd gen but have been out of the loop.

Does Tiny Umbrella save complete, usuable SHSH? Like if I can get the SHSH can I downgrade using it? I read Cydia didn't, does it now?

Why is TU not attempting to save my 7.0.2 SHSH? Do I have to be on it? Or does the program need to be updated? Or is it glitching?

Is shsh all that is needed for downgrading? Also, I should be requesting from apple not cydia right? Cydia is just for if I want ones saved on their server.

tinyumbrella does save complete SHSH blobs if you get them from apple's server. I believe saurik fixed how cydia grabs the SHSH blobs now

tinyumbrella needs to be updated with the developer to request 7.0.2 blobs. you can use ifaith or redsn0w to grab your 7.0.2 blobs (redsn0w will need the ipsw, ifaith does not)

even with SHSH blobs, they are currently useless on A5+ devices

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
tinyumbrella does save complete SHSH blobs if you get them from apple's server. I believe saurik fixed how cydia grabs the SHSH blobs now

tinyumbrella needs to be updated with the developer to request 7.0.2 blobs. you can use ifaith or redsn0w to grab your 7.0.2 blobs (redsn0w will need the ipsw, ifaith does not)

even with SHSH blobs, they are currently useless on A5+ devices

So there's no way to downgrade?

Also, do I have to be on 7.0.2 for ifaith or redsn0w?

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Does redsn0w need updated for each update fos SHSH purposes? I remember something about selecting an old ipsw for tethered jailbreaks but assume that doesn't apply.

edit- and in redsn0w- there are options for getting new blobs as well as whatever is on the device.

is the new one the one I want, and the ones that are on the device are completely useless because they're like partial blobs if I remember correctly?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Does redsn0w need updated for each update fos SHSH purposes? I remember something about selecting an old ipsw for tethered jailbreaks but assume that doesn't apply.

edit- and in redsn0w- there are options for getting new blobs as well as whatever is on the device.

is the new one the one I want, and the ones that are on the device are completely useless because they're like partial blobs if I remember correctly?

Redsn0w will not save iOS7 SHSH for 5S.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

It does not need to be updated for each update to get the SHSH blob. You just need the ipsw. Redsn0w and the other programs need to be updated to recognize the 5S; I think something changed for the SHSH blobs that the 5S uses (according to winocm)

You can't get the blobs from the device (unless its an iPhone 4 or lower)

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
It does not need to be updated for each update to get the SHSH blob. You just need the ipsw. Redsn0w and the other programs need to be updated to recognize the 5S; I think something changed for the SHSH blobs that the 5S uses (according to winocm)

You can't get the blobs from the device (unless its an iPhone 4 or lower)

ok, thanks!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
ok, thanks!

clxo.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.