Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anya7711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Seattle, WA
It died last night and I put it on the charger and nothing happens not even the battery symbol comes up. I do have the iOS 7. I can't restart it because my home button doesn't work and i have to use assistive touch. It won't show up on itunes when i tried to plug it in. It's not the charger because it works on my other i-devices. I have an iphone 4. Please help!:confused:

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
It died last night and I put it on the charger and nothing happens not even the battery symbol comes up. I do have the iOS 7. I can't restart it because my home button doesn't work and i have to use assistive touch. It won't show up on itunes when i tried to plug it in. It's not the charger because it works on my other i-devices. I have an iphone 4. Please help!:confused:

Have you tried holding the home button and lock button together for 10 seconds, or just the lock button? You should leave it plugged in for at least 10 minutes jut to be sure.

emseven

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Just triple-checking that you are plugging into a wall outlet with an official charger.

Your home button is broken how?

anya7711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Seattle, WA
Have you tried holding the home button and lock button together for 10 seconds, or just the lock button? You should leave it plugged in for at least 10 minutes jut to be sure.
MY HOME BUTTON DOES NOT WORK. And yeah it was charging all night. Ive already tried just the lock button.

----------

Just triple-checking that you are plugging into a wall outlet with an official charger.

Your home button is broken how?

It just doesnt work and hasnt been for the last 7 months. and yeah. thats correct.

----------

Im freaking out! I need my phone.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
MY HOME BUTTON DOES NOT WORK. And yeah it was charging all night. Ive already tried just the lock button.

----------

It just doesnt work and hasnt been for the last 7 months. and yeah. thats correct.

----------

Im freaking out! I need my phone.

did you press and hold BOTH the home button and the power button for more than 10 seconds? This is hard resetting the phone and may be what it takes to bring it back. YOu have not indicated that you did this, only stated your home button does not work.

LagLiquidators

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Louisiana
did you press and hold BOTH the home button and the power button for more than 10 seconds? This is hard resetting the phone and may be what it takes to bring it back. YOu have not indicated that you did this, only stated your home button does not work.

How's he supposed to use his home button to put his phone in DFU mode, if his "home button" doesn't work? It sounds like a battery issue to me. If your battery still works but is simply drained, when you plug it up it starts charging. A battery logo will appear on the screen until its charged enough to turn on. It could also be an issue with the 30-pin connector. It might be broken, keeping the battery for charging. Sorry, hope that helps.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
How's he supposed to use his home button to put his phone in DFU mode, if his "home button" doesn't work? It sounds like a battery issue to me. If your battery still works but is simply drained, when you plug it up it starts charging. A battery logo will appear on the screen until its charged enough to turn on. It could also be an issue with the 30-pin connector. It might be broken, keeping the battery for charging. Sorry, hope that helps.

sorry! relax jerk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.