Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Why is it that Android guys are so arrogant? I read comments and it's like they're plugging their ears and saying, "I can't hear you". No exchange of ideas, just I'm right and your wrong type of personalities. For the most part they also admit to never owning an iOS device so it's very ignorant over all.

Came from HTC Incredible to iPhone 4S now iPhone 5 and starting with a Nexus 7 to an iPad Mini.

Is it just me or do you guys feel the same way?
Feel free to move this, although I found this forum fitting since you have Android and iPhone geeks.

Renzatic

Suspended
They're no more arrogant than any of those other obnoxious "My stuff is the greatest and everything else sucks" people. If you were to talk to a bunch of people on Android or WP forums, they'd all tell you Apple fans are the most arrogant, closed minded of the bunch. How you take it all depends on what side of the issue you happen to stand on.

Me? I think all those people are cheesy bastards.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
They're no more arrogant than any of those other obnoxious "My stuff is the greatest and everything else sucks" people. If you were to talk to a bunch of people on Android or WP forums, they'd all tell you Apple fans are the most arrogant, closed minded of the bunch. How you take it all depends on what side of the issue you happen to stand on.

Me? I think all those people are cheesy bastards.
See but that's the thing. I look at the site here and you have people hyper critical of Apple but still they love the company. They will also explain pros and cons of iPhone and Android. For the most part they don't just close their minds. Maybe I'm too frequent here.. I don't know xD

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
See but that's the thing. I look at the site here and you have people hyper critical of Apple but still they love the company. They will also explain pros and cons of iPhone and Android. For the most part they don't just close their minds. Maybe I'm too frequent here.. I don't know xD

I'll agree if you consider many of the regular participants of this subforum, for the most part. ;) Go spend time in any of the iOS/iPhone/iPad forums though and you'll find much of the same behavior you feel is prevalent on Android focused forums. You're going to find passionate fans of any product, many irrational or blindly loyal. I haven't found any to be any more 'reasonable' than others.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
I'll agree if you consider many of the regular participants of this subforum, for the most part. ;) Go spend time in any of the iOS/iPhone/iPad forums though and you'll find much of the same behavior you feel is prevalent on Android focused forums. You're going to find passionate fans of any product, many irrational or blindly loyal. I haven't found any to be any more 'reasonable' than others.

Actually spend time on the iOS 7 board almost exclusively. Haha

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I would say from someone who uses all of the devices/os's and can appreciate them all your op shows your bias and a persecution complex. All these people who are fanatical over electronic devices are weird and all exhibit the same behavior and traits, regardless of which mega corporation they cheerlead

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K

Who knows? Maybe this forum's moderator's take Apple/AnyBrand worshipping trolls (or just plain trolls for that matter) pretty seriously; the ones I've encountered usually end up banned pretty quickly.

May also be because MacRumors has really expanded from entirely Apple - even in just the three or so years I've been here. Other similar sites (Crackberry etc.) are very focused on their one and only brand. Could have something to do with the more general audience that's come around since those changes here that has an interest in Apple + its competitors rather than an audience that only is here for *one* thing?

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
I would say from someone who uses all of the devices/os's and can appreciate them all your op shows your bias and a persecution complex. All these people who are fanatical over electronic devices are weird and all exhibit the same behavior and traits, regardless of which mega corporation they cheerlead
Or OR (big or) you can't have convo with someone because their closed minded -ness gets in the way. If you've never experienced this, forum or real life, you are lucky AF.

kenknotts

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2013
Why is it that Android guys are so arrogant? I read comments and it's like they're plugging their ears and saying, "I can't hear you". No exchange of ideas.

Android has taken over as the number one platform for fanboys and trolls. Go to any iPhone review on YouTube and you will see dozens of Android fanboys trolling there proclaiming Apple is done, iOS is years behind and the iPhone sucks. They are far worse than any iPhone fanboy.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
I used to be a iOS blowhard. It is kinda strange that I am now transitioning to a android blowhard. They both have their ups and downs.

You will definitely get flamed into oblivion if you are a noob on xda developers, a lot harder then Mac rumors.

There are worse forums though. I have been getting into cycling, and guys on bike forums have to be the most arrogant of any hobby I have. Never felt so condescended in my life. Their answer to everything is come back when you have a $6,000 bike.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
Why is it that Android guys are so arrogant?

I asked myself this the other day. I notice it on this section of the forum and on the comment section of some Youtube videos. I'm subscribed to a few tech channels on Youtube, and every time there is a video having to do with an iPhone or iPad, the Android fanboys have to announce to the world how much better and cheaper another Android phone or tablet is and how much Apple and iPhones suck. They think phones with higher specs are better phones without question. It's like they don't understand why people like iPhones probably because they've never had one. Some commenter a while ago on a leaked iPad 5 video asked "Why would anybody buy this when they can get a Nexus 7 for half the price?" I mean really? I'd say most of the fanboys are completely ignorant when it comes to Apple products.

I don't usually see it the other way around on a video having to do with an Android phone. It's seriously like it's become cool to hate Apple and Apple products.

If I criticize anything having to do with Android, the fanboys will throw fits and downplay your issues. Of course I see that with Apple fanboys as well, but Android fanboys are more rude and condescending. They act like they're better and smarter because they've got an Android phone.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
I asked myself this the other day. I notice it on this section of the forum and on the comment section of some Youtube videos. I'm subscribed to a few tech channels on Youtube, and every time there is a video having to do with an iPhone or iPad, the Android fanboys have to announce to the world how much better and cheaper another Android phone or tablet is and how much Apple and iPhones suck. They think phones with higher specs are better phones without question. It's like they don't understand why people like iPhones probably because they've never had one. Some commenter a while ago on a leaked iPad 5 video asked "Why would anybody buy this when they can get a Nexus 7 for half the price?" I mean really? I'd say most of the fanboys are completely ignorant when it comes to Apple products.

I don't usually see it the other way around on a video having to do with an Android phone. It's seriously like it's become cool to hate Apple and Apple products.

If I criticize anything having to do with Android, the fanboys will throw fits and downplay your issues. Of course I see that with Apple fanboys as well, but Android fanboys are more rude and condescending. They act like they're better and smarter because they've got an Android phone.
This is exactly what I see too. It is frustrating because they act like children. I get the feeling of loving a company, I love Apple. But not experiencing something, anything really, and labeling it as bad or what have you is very frustrating. The YouTube comments are the worst... I've actually been to an Android site, a comment said something like, "The media is biased toward Apple". The site itself only has Android stories, negative Apple stories and the comments get down voted if Android is bad mouthed or if Apple gets a compliment. Even small compliments. That is very ironical in my eyes.

----------

I used to be a iOS blowhard. It is kinda strange that I am now transitioning to a android blowhard. They both have their ups and downs.

You will definitely get flamed into oblivion if you are a noob on xda developers, a lot harder then Mac rumors.

There are worse forums though. I have been getting into cycling, and guys on bike forums have to be the most arrogant of any hobby I have. Never felt so condescended in my life. Their answer to everything is come back when you have a $6,000 bike.

Haha really? That sucks dude. I remember my gamer days and feeling some hear being on DS forums. Posting on xBox or Playstation X would result in people looking down on me.. I don't know why, it was funny though xD.

----------

Android has taken over as the number one platform for fanboys and trolls. Go to any iPhone review on YouTube and you will see dozens of Android fanboys trolling there proclaiming Apple is done, iOS is years behind and the iPhone sucks. They are far worse than any iPhone fanboy.
The worst I've seen is people saying, "Apple is the best company evarz" or something along those lines tbh...

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Being that much of a Fanboy about anything is disgusting. Especially about something as stupid as a phone. I really don't care what other people use as it doesn't affect me and can agree that all OS's have their merits and don't have any deeply personal issues with any of them.

Talk bad or say anything negative about Android, iOS or WP in their respective forums and people act as if you kicked their dog or socked their newborn in the mouth.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Why is it that Android guys are so arrogant? I read comments and it's like they're plugging their ears and saying, "I can't hear you". No exchange of ideas, just I'm right and your wrong type of personalities. For the most part they also admit to never owning an iOS device so it's very ignorant over all.

Came from HTC Incredible to iPhone 4S now iPhone 5 and starting with a Nexus 7 to an iPad Mini.

Feel free to move this, although I found this forum fitting since you have Android and iPhone geeks.

I think it's from so many years of Apple fanboys arrogance, you know the guys who put blinders on to anything not Apple and will argue on a forum incessantly about why other products are inferior. In all fairness all brands have those kind of guys, but maybe the Android guy is a bit insecure from the first couple years when Android was crappy. Now that Android has surpassed iOS in lots of ways and it's an extremely solid OS maybe they are just enjoying that a bit.

For me I just use what works. I have iOS, Windows and Android all in my electronic life and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I think most of use are truly eclectic in this regard, but there are always plenty of guys who blindly follow a brand, instead of just buying something and enjoying it.

----------

Apple has taken over as the number one platform for fanboys and trolls. Go to any Android review on YouTube and you will see dozens of Apple fanboys trolling there proclaiming Android is done, Android is years behind and the Android phones suck. They are far worse than any Android fanboy.

Hmm, it sounds stupid either way I look at it, doesn't it? Buy what you like and enjoy it, and don't worry about the guy next to you.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
I think it's from so many years of Apple fanboys arrogance, you know the guys who put blinders on to anything not Apple and will argue on a forum incessantly about why other products are inferior. In all fairness all brands have those kind of guys, but maybe the Android guy is a bit insecure from the first couple years when Android was crappy. Now that Android has surpassed iOS in lots of ways and it's an extremely solid OS maybe they are just enjoying that a bit.

For me I just use what works. I have iOS, Windows and Android all in my electronic life and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I think most of use are truly eclectic in this regard, but there are always plenty of guys who blindly follow a brand, instead of just buying something and enjoying it.

----------

Apple has taken over as the number one platform for fanboys and trolls. Go to any Android review on YouTube and you will see dozens of Apple fanboys trolling there proclaiming Android is done, Android is years behind and the Android phones suck. They are far worse than any Android fanboy.

Hmm, it sounds stupid either way I look at it, doesn't it? Buy what you like and enjoy it, and don't worry about the guy next to you.

Actually I went into a couple videos on android phones just know and saw no such thing. I actually did see some people saying one android OEM is superior to another... No mention of Apple unless it was, "Free iPads here!" Or some people saying how crappy it is...

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012

Just the nature of the fanboy, and this isn't behavior simply limited to Android fans, you will see it for any brand out there. (Well except maybe Windows Phone people, they seem rather mellow most of the time) The Verge and Engadget has got to be the worst when it comes to this. The comment sections devolves into 45% of the people rooting for either Apple or Samsung/Google and the rest just wanna have a nice discussion.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Actually I went into a couple videos on android phones just know and saw no such thing. I actually did see some people saying one android OEM is superior to another... No mention of Apple unless it was, "Free iPads here!" Or some people saying how crappy it is...

Well I was just being sarcastic, I just replaced "Android" with "Apple" to show how nonspecific and dumb that generalization was. You could put in any 2 product or company names in there and it just sounds the same..."Me good, you bad".

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

I'm pretty sure this thread is simply flame bait.

To the OP - that's your opinion and observation. You're entitled to it. It's certainly not fact nor unique to this forum or any other.

technowar

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Cebu, Philippines
Have you ever visited Google+ for instance? Even if an article is about comparison between Android smartphone A to Android smartphone B, it still leads to Apple having a rubbish phone. I mean, seriously? Then when Apple fanboys react to it, they're the bad guys.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Have you ever visited Google+ for instance? Even if an article is about comparison between Android smartphone A to Android smartphone B, it still leads to Apple having a rubbish phone. I mean, seriously? Then when Apple fanboys react to it, they're the bad guys.

Part of the Apple page in the Nexus page on Google plus… There have been many Android guys posting stuff about how bad Apple is on both pages. I don't get why they go out of their way to go to an Apple based community to flame. And again you see this from guys who like Android, not do much the other way around..

----------

I'm pretty sure this thread is simply flame bait.

To the OP - that's your opinion and observation. You're entitled to it. It's certainly not fact nor unique to this forum or any other.

If you think that, don't post. Simple, no?

----------

Well I was just being sarcastic, I just replaced "Android" with "Apple" to show how nonspecific and dumb that generalization was. You could put in any 2 product or company names in there and it just sounds the same..."Me good, you bad".
But the point is it's worse from Android lovers opposed to Apple lovers..

----------

Just the nature of the fanboy, and this isn't behavior simply limited to Android fans, you will see it for any brand out there. (Well except maybe Windows Phone people, they seem rather mellow most of the time) The Verge and Engadget has got to be the worst when it comes to this. The comment sections devolves into 45% of the people rooting for either Apple or Samsung/Google and the rest just wanna have a nice discussion.

That's why I love Windows guys. They can have a decent convo. xD

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Phandroid's the only other site I'm registered on besides xda and I stopped visiting the forum section of phandroid because the immature childishness and fanboyism was overbearing.

But if you think this is bad try going into a major NFL forum and arguing with fans of the other 31 teams. It's an all out onslaught lol

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Phandroid's the only other site I'm registered on besides xda and I stopped visiting the forum section of phandroid because the immature childishness and fanboyism was overbearing.

But if you think this is bad try going into a major NFL forum and arguing with fans of the other 31 teams. It's an all out onslaught lol

That's one of the sites ive been visiting. They have great news stories, but the comments bring it down a couple pegs.

----------

Why do you care?

Reading is key my friend.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I post here and at XDA. I think I've got another account somewhere, but it's been so long since I've visited, I don't remember which one it was.

It goes both ways. There are many highly opinionated people on the internet. I just ignore them and do my thing. For every Android fan spewing hate about Apple, I've seen an Apple fan spewing hate about Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.