Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenknotts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
I have a 2013 iMac with a 2.9GHz i5 8GB RAM running 10.8.4 Its only like 3 months old. Im having issues with JPEGS ghosting I guess you would say. I see the file numbers but there is no thumbnail of the photo. I have to restart my computer about once a week. As soon as I restart, they all show up again. Any ideas?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I have a 2013 iMac with a 2.9GHz i5 8GB RAM running 10.8.4 Its only like 3 months old. Im having issues with JPEGS ghosting I guess you would say. I see the file numbers but there is no thumbnail of the photo. I have to restart my computer about once a week. As soon as I restart, they all show up again. Any ideas?
First, if it's 3 months old, it's a late 2012 model. Second, where are you looking that you don't see the thumbnails? Finder or a photo program?

kenknotts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
First, if it's 3 months old, it's a late 2012 model. Second, where are you looking that you don't see the thumbnails? Finder or a photo program?

Anywhere. My desktop, my external drives, folders...anywhere there is a JPEG photo. I can click on a photo album with hundreds of JPEGS and all that shows is the numbers, you cant see the pics. I get nothing but the number or name of it until I restart it. Then I can see the thumbnail of the pic.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Anywhere. My desktop, my external drives, folders...anywhere there is a JPEG photo. I can click on a photo album with hundreds of JPEGS and all that shows is the numbers, you cant see the pics. I get nothing but the number or name of it until I restart it. Then I can see the thumbnail of the pic.
FInder window? or iPhoto? or Aperture or Lightroom or?

kenknotts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
FInder window? or iPhoto? or Aperture or Lightroom or?

Ok. I have JPEG photos sitting on my desktop right now, about 10. I can see the little thumbnail image of it with the title under it. When my computer acts up, the pic goes away and I only see the name under the pic. The image just vanishes. Its all thru the computer too. If I have a folder with JPEG images inside on my desktop or even on an external drive and I double click to open it. I get no pics, just the fie names. I really need to screenshot it I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.