Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MitzEclipse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Hi does anyone have this issue - when I'm in another app while the music app is playing, then i toggle to safari, the music stops. This is a standard text page, not a youtube page or anything like that. any ideas how to stop this from happening?

mightygitis

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Hampton Roads
Do you have a safari page open with a video on it? iPhones stop playing sound when you arrive on a page with video so that if you play the video you can hear it.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hi does anyone have this issue - when I'm in another app while the music app is playing, then i toggle to safari, the music stops. This is a standard text page, not a youtube page or anything like that. any ideas how to stop this from happening?

Apps have to be written to allow background audio. Things like music, pandora etc tend to be but others are a crapshoot and more often than not are not.

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
I have this problem. Switching to safari while a song is playing in the music app will cause the song to stop playing. A workaround is playing the song thru the quick control panel.

Perth12

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2013
another glitch i have experienced is if I'm using the phone with music playing and then pause the music, open snapchat and record a video, after sending the video my music starts playing even though I wasn't playing music before opening snapchat.

I think this is probably to do with the coding of snapchat along the lines of continuing playback after video recording but is it only me experiencing this or others?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore

Now that you mention it, switching apps has caused my podcast to stop playing at times. :eek:

Not sure there is a way around it, save wait for Apple to patch it. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.