Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angelo921

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Is anyone else having this problem?

I have settings for Siri "allow access when locked" set to off however when my phone is locked I can still hold on the home button and Siri comes up and I ask Siri to take me to my email and it takes me there without having to unlock the phone with my fingerprint or passcode. At that point I can minimize my email and have access to the whole phone.

I have already updated to IOS 7.02 which is showed that it prevented someone from accesing the lock screen passcode.

thanks
Angelo

Beezy253

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Is anyone else having this problem?

I have settings for Siri "allow access when locked" set to off however when my phone is locked I can still hold on the home button and Siri comes up and I ask Siri to take me to my email and it takes me there without having to unlock the phone with my fingerprint or passcode. At that point I can minimize my email and have access to the whole phone.

I have already updated to IOS 7.02 which is showed that it prevented someone from accesing the lock screen passcode.

thanks
Angelo

Strange.. Just tried it, and it prompted me to enter my password.

Attachments

• siri.png
    siri.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 49

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Just wanted to add a more in-depth response...

The initial holding of the home button to activate Siri actually scans your fingerprint. There's no point in holding down the home button to activate Siri, then having to scan your fingerprint afterwards.. that's just an extra step.

Apple made it as user friendly as possible. If you hold it using a registered finger, Siri will work as though the phone was unlocked. If you hold it using an unregistered finger, it won't work.

In short: there's nothing to worry about, and absolutely no reason why you should enable Siri when locked if you use touch ID!

Angelo921

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
very good point. i didnt notice that it wont work with an unregistered finger. Good job Apple..

thanks
Angelo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.