Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZeeDD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hi all,

I've bought a new A1466 macbook air 13" on august 18th 2013. When I unboxed it I saw a small scratch on the right of the screen, but as I was on the rush to take a plane to USA for a 1.5 month stay, I didn't have time to bring it back to the market for a replacement.

I'm now back in France since 2 days, and I've just take an appointment to my local apple store to replace this macbook. Do you think that apple will replace it ? (I can show them my flight boarding passes and my passport to prouve the situation).

Thanks for the help.

Franck

bogdan.tam

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2013
Hi all,

I've bought a new A1466 macbook air 13" on august 18th 2013. When I unboxed it I saw a small scratch on the right of the screen, but as I was on the rush to take a plane to USA for a 1.5 month stay, I didn't have time to bring it back to the market for a replacement.

I'm now back in France since 2 days, and I've just take an appointment to my local apple store to replace this macbook. Do you think that apple will replace it ? (I can show them my flight boarding passes and my passport to prouve the situation).

Thanks for the help.

Franck

You have great chances they will understand you.
Keep us up to date with it!

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
i would have at least complained immediately so that there would be some record. Now you run the risk of them not believing you as it has been 6 weeks since you purchased it.

But, you never know - i imagine they'll work with you.

good luck!

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
This is what I'm thinking as well. If one apple store rejects it, try other apple stores. It really depends who you speak to, you can always ask for the manager.

i would have at least complained immediately so that there would be some record. Now you run the risk of them not believing you as it has been 6 weeks since you purchased it.

good luck!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

good luck!

This. Although I've had nothing but excellent service from Apple, you couldn't blame them for thinking you did it yourself between time of purchase and now.

I'd have called them to put it on record as soon as I saw it.

ZeeDD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know: Apple Store genius bar has accepted to replace my screen without any question. They told me that my Macbook air was new, so they replace it because of that.

Thanks to Apple for the great service !

I will pick it back home in a few days.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.