Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will u buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 350 76.8%
  • No

Votes: 106 23.2%

• Total voters

kristalsoldier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2013
Nopes! Having recently bought the iPad 4, I think I am fine for the moment. iOS 7 (after the recent update) seems to have settled in quite well and it serves my purposes more than adequately. Secondly, again from my usage profile, the iPad5 would bring minimal benefits. The main benefit that I see is the lighter weight - but that does not bother me too...yet.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Yes it's going to be an early Christmas for me in these next months.

New iPad. New Playstation 4. NBA league pass.

:D

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
I had iPad 3 LTE from work which i had to turn in about two months ago. We got 3 other iPads in the houshold - two for kids (iPad 2 and 3) and wife (iPad 3).
I am waiting to see what the new iPad will look like and what features it will have. If nothing spectacular, i am going to pickup iPad 4 refurb (all others were also refurbs); otherwsie i will go with te latest model.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
Yup, I've been waiting since December when I first saw my little brothers iPad mini. I figured the next gen full sized iPad would look the same, and I guess I was right. I'm definitely preordering it if they're going to allow that.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
No. My 3rd gen iPad is able to do whatever I want on it. I don't see a reason why to buy the iPad 5, given that the OS doesn't allow me to multi-task or to do things more powerful. If Apple doesn't make the iPad more of a power tool, I'm moving away from it. I'm either buying a Windows tablet or not buying no other tablet at all.

gCloud

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
United Federation of Planets
No. My 3rd gen iPad is able to do whatever I want on it. I don't see a reason why to buy the iPad 5, given that the OS doesn't allow me to multi-task or to do things more powerful. If Apple doesn't make the iPad more of a power tool, I'm moving away from it. I'm either buying a Windows tablet or not buying no other tablet at all.

I agree totally had ipad1 and 3 from launch, I am so over the iPad now, there is nothing I can do on an iPad that I can't do with the phone in my pocket. if I am lazing on the crouch/bed and want to see somthing big, I just mirror my phone to the nearest tv. iPhones going 16:9 made mirroring a pleasure.

Cyloncat

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
NC, USA
Maybe. iPad3 is still functional, so Apple would have to provide some incentive, above and beyond the new bezel, trimming a couple of ounces, and a processor bump.

Spacial

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
I've had a longstanding plan to replace my very nice iPad 4 with the thinner, less bulky iPad 5.

Sadly that plan has been destroyed with the intro of iOS 7, an OS I'm shocked to see J. Ive's involvement in. He's capable of far less childish looking animations & gee whiz features designed to "wow" the easily amused.

----------

Going from 2 to 5, hopefully future-proofing with the 128 GB version. :)

Future-proof is a myth.

At today's warp speed creation of new products, you may find something far better in a year or two.

At least you will be able to sell it.

pumazooma

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
UK
Yes, the moment they go on sale.

I still have an iPad1 and it's starting to get a bit slow with the new app updates requiring more and more oomph to work so it's time to update.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
No way. iPads are not worth it to me personally.

I've owner the 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Cool but not worth it

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
Most probably.

As long as it has these 3 things:

Stereo speakers
Lighter than my iPad 4
2gb of ram (not sure it will have this)

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
My order is ready to go!

Had my 2 since day 1 and I cannot fault it. The 3 and 4 were all tried
and rejected as was the mini. The Kindle Fire HD was far better for me.
The HDX will be even better. The mini was very so so and too expensive!

The lighter, slimmer, faster 5 in slate grey is looking so good. October
will be an exciting month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.