Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newjackboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I am amazed that the following 2 key simple features are not possible on ios:

1) to highlight a portion of an imessage. Sometimes I only want to copy one line from a long message. I know the work-around to paste in Notes etc.. but this should be possible!

2) I cannot copy a calendar entry to another date without moving the original entry. (I mean a once-off repeat - not a regular occurring event

I submitted feedback to apple in 2010 re this!!

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
How about the simple ability to put icons where you want (say the bottom of the screen), even if the screen has open space? :confused:

iOS still has a lot of work to go. That's why there's jailbreak ;)

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
No real missed call, text, voicemail indicator.

Odd shaped tall 4 inch screen.

Plug your iphone into a computer and only able to access your photos... LOL

Too many too list....

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Text reflow in browser

:eek:
mindblown-kramer.gif

Can't believe that's not in iOS already since the screen has small width.

Dynamic text reflow would make for a much better user experience.

Spetsnazos

macrumors regular
May 3, 2012
Not being able to arrange the icons wherever you want on the screen is mind blowing to me...really Apple?

Not being able to view the phone as mass storage and only the pics ? Lol wtf

balzz

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
7 versions of iOS and I still can't forward a meeting entry!!!!

Or set out of office.

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
Not being able to make espressos on the fly.

No cerebral eye input.

No dream sequence recorder.

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
And worst of all, the iPad doesn't have an LPT-Port. I mean WTF??!:eek:

No Aero, no Trashcan, no Defrag, no Minesweeper preinstalled, no Kernel-Compiling possible, no Manpages (how am I supposed to know the parameters of all those apps?) :confused:

LagLiquidators

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Louisiana
And worst of all, the iPad doesn't have an LPT-Port. I mean WTF??!:eek:

No Aero, no Trashcan, no Defrag, no Minesweeper preinstalled, no Kernel-Compiling possible, no Manpages (how am I supposed to know the parameters of all that apps?) :confused:

Minesweeper would be awesome. I'm sure MS Paint would be included as well,right?

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
My biggest pet peeve with iOS is the broken search messages feature.

Whenever I'm looking for a specific text/iMessage containing a key word, all it does is point me to the whole conversation, I end up endlessly scrolling to find it. It's a pretty useless search feature.

I was hoping they'd finally fix it in iOS7. :cool:

m00min

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
No SMS quick reply.
No system wide access to work files rather than crappy open in.

I'd settle for the first option, I know there's more chance of me winning the lottery than Apple caving in on the second option (I don't even do the lottery).

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
No SMS quick reply.
No system wide access to work files rather than crappy open in.

I'd settle for the first option, I know there's more chance of me winning the lottery than Apple caving in on the second option (I don't even do the lottery).

Totally agree with the quick reply!!!

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
I am amazed that the following 2 key simple features are not possible on ios:

1) to highlight a portion of an imessage. Sometimes I only want to copy one line from a long message. I know the work-around to paste in Notes etc.. but this should be possible!

hold the message and copy, paste it into the text box at the bottom and select what you want to copy. i know its not ideal but its a really simple workaround without leaving the messages app

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
The ability to remove yourself or remove someone from group messages. So many times someone adds me to a random group chat and my phone goes off for hours.

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
Text reflow in browser

That is actually the main reason I am still using ios and not android. I simply could not get used to the text reflow, I tried and it just drove me crazy. Did you by chance start on android and then move to ios?

kenknotts

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2013
One thing that drives me nuts is that when I create a new photo album and move a photo there, I cant then delete it from my camera roll or it deletes the one in the new album too :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.