Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamsen47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Kobe, Japan
I have one large playlist that I always leave on shuffle. Sometimes I feel like listening to a particular song and I found the easiest way was to click next until a song from that artist is playing, and then click "back" or whatever the terminology was, to go into the full playlist, where it'll automatically scroll to the current song being played.

On the new iOS7, it just goes to the top of the play list.

I don't really have any gripes besides this.

Am I holding it wrong?

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
I have one large playlist that I always leave on shuffle. Sometimes I feel like listening to a particular song and I found the easiest way was to click next until a song from that artist is playing, and then click "back" or whatever the terminology was, to go into the full playlist, where it'll automatically scroll to the current song being played.

On the new iOS7, it just goes to the top of the play list.

I don't really have any gripes besides this.

Am I holding it wrong?

There's so many things wrong with the music app on iOS 7. I'm on 6.1.3 so I can't help much, hopefully someone else can.

iamsen47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Kobe, Japan
Being a software engineer also currently trying to modernise an old software, I can sort of understand what's going on.

They had a new boss, he wants to overturn all the 'wrongdoings' the previous boss did so they made a whole bunch of changes. Some good, some bad, that's subjective but the problem is that they made too many changes at once, and they weren't able to keep track of everything. It could be that a lot of these older 'features' were either unintended, or maybe someone's personal pet feature and that person isn't around anymore to remind the new team.

iamsen47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Kobe, Japan
That's not what I'm trying to do. On iOS 6 and 5, while a song was playing, you could go to where the song was in the playlist. This is awfully helpful when looking for another song by the same artiste in a really huge playlist, rather than having to start at the top and scroll down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.