Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
I never get these type of videos, why are this guy showing me what happens when a bullet goes through the iPhone?

Seems like if I have bullets flying at me the last thing I'm going to think about is my iPhone :rolleyes:

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
What is it with Americans in baseball caps, camo and guns - the rest of the world just doesn't get it.

Can't stand guns so find these tests about as informative as a backwards road sign

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
I dont get why people care about this kind of destruction videos. He is burning his own money not yours. ANd obviousley there are enough idiots who click those videos for him to be profitable.

So why promoting it more?

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
The drop and scratch tests are useful (up to a point), but these videos where they are destroying iPhones in the weird ways don't make sense to me.

Yeah, I guess if walking through a war zone it's good to know that my iphone will be completely destroyed the instant I am shot dead.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I can't believe it was pierced by a gigantic bullet! Come on, apple, you should make better products than this!:mad:

NuggetSauce

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2012
This video represents America so well. Expensive consumer device being disposed of by an overpowered firearm in the hands of a civilian, for the purpose of fame and attention.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
The drop and scratch tests are useful (up to a point), but these videos where they are destroying iPhones in the weird ways don't make sense to me.

Yeah, I guess if walking through a war zone it's good to know that my iphone will be completely destroyed the instant I am shot dead.

Now you can remove the "please wipe my iPhone in the event of my death" clause from your will. Valuable info to know. ;)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
What is it with Americans in baseball caps, camo and guns - the rest of the world just doesn't get it.

Can't stand guns so find these tests about as informative as a backwards road sign

Hey, don't knock baseball caps. They're not specific to people who wear camo in the city or tote guns for the sake of saying they tote a gun.

But to answer your question, Over Generalization Man, some Americans wear camo as a fashion statement but would never see themselves in combat or in any situation where they actually have to hide. Some Americans have guns because it is our right to do so. Many Americans wear baseball caps to ward off the sun from their eyes, as a fashion statement, in solidarity of their favorite sports team, or to cover a bad hair day. Of course there are many more reasons and I've only stated a few. ;)

As for the video, I also don't get the blending, shooting, dropping, stomping, etc etc videos. They're lame. The phone isn't going to take well to a bullet…shocker!

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
This video represents America so well. Expensive consumer device being disposed of by an overpowered firearm in the hands of a civilian, for the purpose of fame and attention.

I find this more entertaining than just another random drop test video. I don't need to watch 100 drop tests to know what will most likely happen to my phone if dropped on the ground.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
Why do those *******s destroy the phone that SO MANY PEOPLE currently want and are waiting for?
If they it a month after launch, when the phone is generally available->OK. But like that it sucks!:mad:

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
I dont get why people care about this kind of destruction videos. He is burning his own money not yours. ANd obviousley there are enough idiots who click those videos for him to be profitable.

So why promoting it more?

so he isn't burning his money then is he? he is making money, which takes an investment.

----------

Wish the people that actually want the phone to use got them instead of these people :(

so out of the 9,000,000+ sold you are worried about the .001% of phones that are bought and not used. .001% assumes 100 are used for this purpose. may be low or it may be high. I thought it was a reasonable assumption.

StephenAndrew

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2009
Connecticut, USA
so he isn't burning his money then is he? he is making money, which takes an investment.

----------

so out of the 9,000,000+ sold you are worried about the .001% of phones that are bought and not used. .001% assumes 100 are used for this purpose. may be low or it may be high. I thought it was a reasonable assumption.

Are you lost, sir? You must be looking for a different forum, your logic is far too reasonable for this one. :D

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W

Baseball caps has been addressed. DON'T knock the baseball cap!!! Seahawks are 4 n Oh! I treated myself to a new cap myself this past week. Camo? Kinda of an 'out' fashion statement that lasted a little bit. This DBag---well, it obviously 'fits' with his idea of a compelling video. I think it's dumb and I'm with you. Guns? We could go around and around. I've grown up in Alaska---moved here when I was 13 and have grown up hunting, fishing and harvesting meat from nature. It's better for you---it's amazing taste and abundance of food (when you get a moose) is an awesome money saver for the family (and much healthier) to eat throughout the winter. I've been around guns my entire life and know how to use them and what they're to be used for---and this is NOT it. NOR does this represent the typical 'American'. Yes----we have a high rate of gun violence in the US...but please don't 'bunch' those of us responsible gun owners (whether you agree or disagree or 'like' them or not) with D-Bags blowing up iPhones and road signs on their drunken binges!

**I should also mention I live in Alaska** To enjoy the outdoors, it's semi-important to have a 'gun' while in the back country. I suppose in England or Ireland, Japan or Taipei---if the worst enemy humans have is a wild bore or a nasty goat, there's only a need for a Louisville slugger:)

So we're sure this guy is American? I'm assuming so---but to me it's more of a show off of his slow mo high speed capture cam than the bullet. Please though, understand as in EVERY country there are at least a dozen DBags! Not ALL of us are this stupid!

Hey, don't knock baseball caps. They're not specific to people who wear camo in the city or tote guns for the sake of saying they tote a gun.

But to answer your question, Over Generalization Man, some Americans wear camo as a fashion statement but would never see themselves in combat or in any situation where they actually have to hide. Some Americans have guns because it is our right to do so. Many Americans wear baseball caps to ward off the sun from their eyes, as a fashion statement, in solidarity of their favorite sports team, or to cover a bad hair day. Of course there are many more reasons and I've only stated a few. ;)

As for the video, I also don't get the blending, shooting, dropping, stomping, etc etc videos. They're lame. The phone isn't going to take well to a bullet…shocker!

Right. With. Ya ...... Thanks and well said. Thought I'd back it up

Silly Americans.

(The rest of the world is laughing, except maybe Russia, they might be jealous)

And what exactly are they laughing about? America or this dumbass shooting phone?? Genuinely curious (Do I come across as a passionate American? I am. I drove Tomcats and F-18s for 19 years in the Navy---and started a bit part of videography and audio capture while in flight...different test programs for monitoring visual and vocal chatter...and a couple dozen things I can't talk about). Hopefully you're not 'laughing' at America. Not all of us are silly and we've spent a lot of time, resources and LIVES helping many MANY parts of the world that most 'non' Americans---including typical Americans....and, including THIS possible American will NEVER know about ;)
Land of the 'free'....and folks do what they want to do. It's a cool ideal and whether you agree or don't---America is one Bad Ass place to live, grow up and CHOOSE your own path...whether you want to make youtube videos blowing iPhones up or study rocket science, neuro-surgery or garbage collection, we've got choice. That's kinda cool....these types don't represent the 'masses' just as fundamentalists in ANY area of the world don't mirror the main society

And trust me when I say---we've made mistakes, but we've had a LOT more 'wins' for the world than losses. Just the latter is easier to 'laugh' at....as it's much more visible, talked about and debated. Much more happens that is 'good' that goes unnoticed, not talked about....and accepted as 'charity' without a thank you note.

J

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
I'd love to see the look at the Apple Store Employee's face if/when he brings that in for a 'claim'.

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Baseball caps has been addressed. DON'T knock the baseball cap!!! Seahawks are 4 n Oh! I treated myself to a new cap myself this past week. Camo? Kinda of an 'out' fashion statement that lasted a little bit. This DBag---well, it obviously 'fits' with his idea of a compelling video. I think it's dumb and I'm with you. Guns? We could go around and around. I've grown up in Alaska---moved here when I was 13 and have grown up hunting, fishing and harvesting meat from nature. It's better for you---it's amazing taste and abundance of food (when you get a moose) is an awesome money saver for the family (and much healthier) to eat throughout the winter. I've been around guns my entire life and know how to use them and what they're to be used for---and this is NOT it. NOR does this represent the typical 'American'. Yes----we have a high rate of gun violence in the US...but please don't 'bunch' those of us responsible gun owners (whether you agree or disagree or 'like' them or not) with D-Bags blowing up iPhones and road signs on their drunken binges!

**I should also mention I live in Alaska** To enjoy the outdoors, it's semi-important to have a 'gun' while in the back country. I suppose in England or Ireland, Japan or Taipei---if the worst enemy humans have is a wild bore or a nasty goat, there's only a need for a Louisville slugger:)

So we're sure this guy is American? I'm assuming so---but to me it's more of a show off of his slow mo high speed capture cam than the bullet. Please though, understand as in EVERY country there are at least a dozen DBags! Not ALL of us are this stupid!

Right. With. Ya ...... Thanks and well said. Thought I'd back it up

And what exactly are they laughing about? America or this dumbass shooting phone?? Genuinely curious (Do I come across as a passionate American? I am. I drove Tomcats and F-18s for 19 years in the Navy---and started a bit part of videography and audio capture while in flight...different test programs for monitoring visual and vocal chatter...and a couple dozen things I can't talk about). Hopefully you're not 'laughing' at America. Not all of us are silly and we've spent a lot of time, resources and LIVES helping many MANY parts of the world that most 'non' Americans---including typical Americans....and, including THIS possible American will NEVER know about ;)
Land of the 'free'....and folks do what they want to do. It's a cool ideal and whether you agree or don't---America is one Bad Ass place to live, grow up and CHOOSE your own path...whether you want to make youtube videos blowing iPhones up or study rocket science, neuro-surgery or garbage collection, we've got choice. That's kinda cool....these types don't represent the 'masses' just as fundamentalists in ANY area of the world don't mirror the main society

And trust me when I say---we've made mistakes, but we've had a LOT more 'wins' for the world than losses. Just the latter is easier to 'laugh' at....as it's much more visible, talked about and debated. Much more happens that is 'good' that goes unnoticed, not talked about....and accepted as 'charity' without a thank you note.

J

Thanks for your service Sir! Don't worry about the haters, they're just jealous. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.