Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
So yeah there's a piece of dust in the screen fairly annoying what do I do?

I literally just got it today at AT&T

1981d

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
AT&T has none will the apple store? Lol

Sure, but you might have to settle for a gold one. ;). Check the apple site to see if any stores in your area have any. Alternatively, check best buys website. If you can find a store in your area with availability, return your original to ATT and go buy it at Best Buy.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Why do people always feel a few specs of dust entitles them to a replacement. Just use your phone bro!

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Well good luck finding a perfect one. I can guarantee you that a "perfect" iPhone doesn't exist. Your replacement might have more dust in the screen, or in the camera, or loose buttons ect....

Quit whining and just enjoy the phone!

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Well good luck finding a perfect one. I can guarantee you that a "perfect" iPhone doesn't exist. Your replacement might have more dust in the screen, or in the camera, or loose buttons ect....

Quit whining and just enjoy the phone!

Lol I've had a perfect iPhone so to speak. As long as it doesn't have dust in the screen I'll be happy. Not much to ask for just QC

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
My iPhone has a 1mm hairline scratch on the back under the apple logo straight from the box, my phone has a case on 24/7 so wasn't that fussed.. Feel lucky I didn't get anything worse! It does however have a bit of a rattled near the camera/wake button, gonna see if it gets worse before I run back to apple as it's not that noticeable..

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
My iPhone has a 1mm hairline scratch on the back under the apple logo straight from the box, my phone has a case on 24/7 so wasn't that fussed.. Feel lucky I didn't get anything worse! It does however have a bit of a rattled near the camera/wake button, gonna see if it gets worse before I run back to apple as it's not that noticeable..

Hey, we got a year haha

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Definitely not gonna go out of my way for this but since my MacBook is in repair and I'm picking it up this week I'll try to see what I can do

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Apple devices are bloody expensive so why settle for a defect you didn't put there yourself? I'd have done the same!

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Thanks guys. I was starting to think I was being unreasonable, haha I'll be going in this week for sure

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Why do people always feel a few specs of dust entitles them to a replacement. Just use your phone bro!

When Apple touts the Retina Display as a huge feature of the phone, you expect that display to have no flaws. If I were to sell you a 4-door car cause it's more convenient than your 2-door but then you found out that the back doors didn't open -- would you "Just drive your car bro"?

Lol I've had a perfect iPhone so to speak. As long as it doesn't have dust in the screen I'll be happy. Not much to ask for just QC

My wife currently has a PERFECT 32 gig silver 5s. I am SUPER observent and know most of the common flaws with the iPhones (light leak, dead pixels, screen discoloration, loose/non-functioning buttons, odd clicks, cosmetic problems, etc.) This thing is PERFECT (for now) ha ha....

I can guarantee it will not stay that way... :D

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
When Apple touts the Retina Display as a huge feature of the phone, you expect that display to have no flaws. If I were to sell you a 4-door car cause it's more convenient than your 2-door but then you found out that the back doors didn't open -- would you "Just drive your car bro"?

My wife currently has a PERFECT 32 gig silver 5s. I am SUPER observent and know most of the common flaws with the iPhones (light leak, dead pixels, screen discoloration, loose/non-functioning buttons, odd clicks, cosmetic problems, etc.) This thing is PERFECT (for now) ha ha....

I can guarantee it will not stay that way... :D

Haha I know what you mean xD

I know they'll replace it, just going to wait till my rMbP is ready for pickup before I drive 30min to bring my phone

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Most likely the floating component that deals with auto focus.

If you tap the back near the camera, it should sound like something's rattling, and it's definitely not a fault.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.