Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
I first bought Zagg when I bought my iPhone 5 and the protector had definite orange peel effect or texture. I now bought a iPhone 5s and bought another Zagg screen protector and has no noticable orange peel effect. Im just wondering if they changed the design or I got a lesser quality screen protector then from my first purchase? It seems like a thinner design and seems to be better with fingerprint smudges.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
I first bought Zagg when I bought my iPhone 5 and the protector had definite orange peel effect or texture. I now bought a iPhone 5s and bought another Zagg screen protector and has no noticable orange peel effect. Im just wondering if they changed the design or I got a lesser quality screen protector then from my first purchase? It seems like a thinner design and seems to be better with fingerprint smudges.

The orange peel texture is their original version. If the new one you got is smooth, did you get the HD version?

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
The orange peel texture is their original version. If the new one you got is smooth, did you get the HD version?

It didnt say HD or anything on it not that Im aware of bought it at Walmart like the first one but you can definitetly tell its smoother and feels smoother when you touch it, not as "grippy"

I like it alot better I just didnt know if its a lesser quality or something of that nature

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.