Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henryonapple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Has anyone returned their iPhone that was purchased on the Apple Online store to a physical retail location? I just noticed this line in their return policy:

Note: An iPhone purchased on the Apple Online Store is ineligible for return to an Apple Retail Store.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Heard from one owner that he shipped it back after buying it through apple.com, but the apple phone rep suggested going to an Apple store instead regardless of what is stated on the website. I would call the closest apple store to verify. iPhone was shipped anyway because of the distance.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Heard from one owner that he shipped it back after buying it through apple.com, but the apple phone rep suggested going to an Apple store instead regardless of what is stated on the website. I would call the closest apple store to verify. iPhone was shipped anyway because of the distance.

That was probably me....

Yes -- I JUST did this on Saturday. Launch day ordered phone was "exchanged" for a different color/capacity at a physical store.

("exchanged" in this sense means returned and a new one was re-purchased).

You will want to go there and get in line for a new one (the one you want). They will process the return from online and process the purchase separately.

pat.micunnis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013
Yes, you can absolutely return an online order to a bricks and mortar Apple store. Note: they will make you stand in the separate line for "walk-in" to purchase / exchange for a different model :(

henryonapple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Yes, you can absolutely return an online order to a bricks and mortar Apple store. Note: they will make you stand in the separate line for "walk-in" to purchase / exchange for a different model :(

I am not purchasing another model, just doing a simple return. Great to know that they will accept my online purchase!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.