Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xylian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
Hi,
today I was playing with settings on my new phone and suddenly iTunes Match music disappeared in iTunes, which was only showing downloaded music. I've said to show all the music (local and iCloud) and I've also said to show all the iTunes Match music even if it has not been downloaded to the iPhone but nothing happens. iTunes Match music appears only if I enable "use cellular data", which is not what I want (I want automatic app/book/etc download, but only through wifi, and I want to download/listen to music in the cloud only when I click on the small cloud near the song title).

Any suggestion about what to do to make Match music come back in iTunes app?

Last edited:

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Hi,
today I was playing with settings on my new phone and suddenly iTunes Match music disappeared in iTunes, which was only showing downloaded music. I've said to show all the music (local and iCloud) and I've also said to show all the iTunes Match music even if it has not been downloaded to the iPhone but nothing happens. iTunes Match music appears only if I enable "use cellular data", which is not what I want (I want automatic app/book/etc download, but only through wifi, and I want to download/listen to music in the cloud only when I click on the small cloud near the song title).

Any suggestion about what to do to make Match music come back in iTunes app?

You can't pick and choose the way you're after. Either you activate it and live with automatic downloads happening on cellular data from time to time, or you disable automatic download and live with having to download new purchases manually. But you can't have automatic download on wifi only and still be able to see the music in the cloud on cellular data.

Xylian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
You can't pick and choose the way you're after. Either you activate it and live with automatic downloads happening on cellular data from time to time, or you disable automatic download and live with having to download new purchases manually. But you can't have automatic download on wifi only and still be able to see the music in the cloud on cellular data.
Ok, I was pretty sure that "Use cellular data" in iTunes Store preferences was disabled before I was playing with settings and I was able to see music in the cloud (which is a completely different setting... iPhone should be able to show you which music you have in the cloud after having synchronized the list of tracks you have in the cloud through wifi or cellular data at first).. This seems reasonable to me..

Xylian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
I think that something has got messed up, since if I go under the usage info it says that I have 0MB of music on my phone, while I have about 500Mb of music downloaded from iTunes Match.. as soon as I get a pc and a wifi I'll try to reactivate iTunes match and start from scratch with the music on my phone.

Xylian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
The mistery has been solved: you can leave the Use cellular data option disabled, but if you enable wifi, even without accessing any wifi network, you see all th music on the cloud and you can Download it through the cellular network. This is what I was doing at the beginning and I've ralealized it just now, by mistake :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.