Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BollywooD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Hamburg
my minidisc looks as though its just died, so it looks like a good time to get an ipod nano.

i have a few questions, forgive me if they sound pretty naive....

can i import select playlists, rather than my whole library?

can i edit the order "on the fly" of my playlists, whilst on the nano - or can i only do this before importing?

are any of the microphone attachments "decent", i have a good quality microphone i would like to use to capture ambient noise with? (my minidisc was fantastic at this!)

and last of all - can you get a battery pack for the nano, which runs on standard 'AA' alkaline batteries?

thanks in advance

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
BollywooD said:
my minidisc looks as though its just died, so it looks like a good time to get an ipod nano.

i have a few questions, forgive me if they sound pretty naive....

can i import select playlists, rather than my whole library?

can i edit the order "on the fly" of my playlists, whilst on the nano - or can i only do this before importing?

are any of the microphone attachments "decent", i have a good quality microphone i would like to use to capture ambient noise with? (my minidisc was fantastic at this!)

and last of all - can you get a battery pack for the nano, which runs on standard 'AA' alkaline batteries?

thanks in advance

yes, you can import select playlists and restrict the import to only those songs contained therein if you wish.

You can't really edit the order on the fly, but you can always shuffle :)

I havn't ever used (nor needed) a microphone for my ipod(s).

I don't know of any batterypacks....seems a bit silly as a couple AA batteries would outweight and outsize the nano.

Can't go wrong with an ipod. (just do it :) )

BollywooD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Hamburg
nice, i just found out about "on the go" playlists, which is exactly what i need. i guess i can do without the battery:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.