Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has reportedly begun seeding iOS 7.0.3 to some of its own employees and carrier partners, with a potential launch coming as soon as next week, according to BGR.
According to our sources, Apple has seeded iOS 7.0.3 to employees and partners for final testing. We're not sure exactly when the new software will be released to the public, but we believe it will be sometime next week. The build number of iOS 7.0.3 is 11B491.
The claimed build number appears to be somewhat at odds with Apple's usual numbering patterns over the past several years, which should see all iOS 7.0.x releases carrying 11Axxx build numbers before moving on to 11Bxxx builds for iOS 7.1.x. The company did, however, vary from this pattern in earlier iOS versions, incrementing the letter designation even for x.x.1 releases at times.

MacRumors has indeed been seeing visits from devices on Apple's networks running iOS 7.0.3, with the first visits coming on Friday, September 20 and increasing significantly last week.

ios_7_0_3_macrumors.jpg
Visits to macrumors.com from iOS 7.0.3 devices running on Apple's networks
Apple just released iOS 7.0.2 to the public last Thursday, bringing several fixes for issues related to lock screen passcode bugs. iOS 7.0 was released to the public on September 18 with a special iOS 7.0.1 for Apple's new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c models arriving that same day.

Article Link: Apple Reportedly Seeding iOS 7.0.3 Internally Ahead of Potential Launch Next Week

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
BGR's track record on iOS releases is pretty poor. I wouldn't hold my breath.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
I would like to see them fix the car bluetooth connection issues. My car used to automatically connect to my iPhone and start playing the last thing I was playing. Now, nothing. I have to manually start it. And then, in the lock screen the player controls don't work until I reboot the phone. But everytime I get back in the car, the player controls (in the lock screen) stop working again.

No battery issues for me though.

Lapidus

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Maybe this enables the LTE function for my iPhone 5 in Belgium.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i thought we would have seen it end of this week just based on how quick iOS 7 to 7.0.2 came out. wasnt it only a 8 day gap?

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Hope this makes the animations faster for opening folders and apps. Gets redundant and annoying fast!

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Please let this fix the battery drain. I can deal with the rest of the BS like Parallax and the home screen zoom.

I'm just gonna say what everyone else is saying... I hope this fixes battery life!!!

but i do mean it... I really hope it does!

It's odd that everyone keeps talking about battery drains but I have better battery life on iOS 7 than iOS 6 on my iPhone 5. I simply upgraded my iPhone (as opposed to setting it up as new).

Keep in my mind, I turned off "Parallax" and turned on "High Contrast" as I don't need unnecessary eye-candy (I understand that Notification Center is laying on top of whatever app I'm using - no reason to waste battery to get the transparency).

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I hope that they're fixing the difficulty in scaling/placing wallpaper images. I still don't know how much of that is intentional (to help with the parallax effect), but it still feels way more glitchy than it needs to.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I'm just gonna say what everyone else is saying... I hope this fixes battery life!!!

but i do mean it... I really hope it does!

The battery life of my iPhone 5s varies greatly depending on usage pattern... on a holiday with occasional web browsing and messaging etc. it can have battery life as good as the attached screenshot. However, on a working day where there are usually two intensive sessions of web browsing on the subway train with Spotify music (offline mode), the battery can be largely drained in a few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_4189.PNG
    IMG_4189.PNG
    71.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

TimeSquareDesi

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2013
I'm totes New Yorkian
Glad I am still on iOS 6. It's not that I'm afraid of change, I simply don't want to be a guinea pig for the early iOS 7 iterations. I will installed it when it's fully baked in a couple of months and when some of the more glaring issues have been resolved :)

an aside: i really dislike the white boarder around pictures now when you are looking through your camera roll...

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I wonder if we'll see a point update released when the new iPads come out?

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
The battery life of my iPhone 5s varies greatly depending on usage pattern... on a holiday with occasional web browsing and messaging etc. it can have battery life as good as the attached screenshot. However, on a working day where there are usually two intensive session of web browsing on the subway train with Spotify music, the battery can be largely drained in a few hours.

I'm just leaving on a business trip. Haven't even gotten to the airport yet, and it's at 86%. :/ Traveling with the iPhone is annoying.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Glad I am still on iOS 6. It's not that I'm afraid of change, I simply don't want to be a guinea pig for the early iOS 7 iterations. I will installed it when it's fully baked in a couple of months and when some of the more glaring issues have been resolved :)

an aside: i really dislike the white boarder around pictures now when you are looking through your camera roll...

Numerous beta testers had been the guinea pigs from June to September. I think the release version is quite fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.