Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 2, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1
zBernie
macrumors newbie

Can iPhone 4s be used with Straight Talk?

I have a locked Verizon iPhone 4s. I spoke to someone at Straight Talk regarding using an UNLOCKED iPhone 4s on their network, and they said that iPhones from other carriers will not work on their network.

Has anyone had any success using an iPhone with the Straight Talk network?

I would very much like their $45/month plan!
zBernie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2013, 06:52 PM   #2
aross8907
macrumors newbie

Me too!

I'm in the same boat. Verizon 4s running out of contract in a few weeks.

I'm so interested, I registered an account after YEARS of passively reading MacRumors!
aross8907 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

First u said u have a locked Verizon then u said u have an unlocked phone. Which is it?

If ST is a Verizon MVNO the a locked Verizon phone will work. MVNO = reseller. ST doesn't own or maintain any cellular infrastructure.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2013, 09:48 PM   #4
tbeast
macrumors newbie

Any more on this thread? We're also trying to figure out what to do with a Verizon 4S that is now off-contract. If we can't remove the lock, the maybe ST would be an option. I couldn't tell from their web page. But, it does look like they use Verizon lines.
tbeast is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeast View Post
Any more on this thread? We're also trying to figure out what to do with a Verizon 4S that is now off-contract. If we can't remove the lock, the maybe ST would be an option. I couldn't tell from their web page. But, it does look like they use Verizon lines.
You give no indication why you want to leave Verizon and I am not about to give you the full interview, but THIS is a dedicated Straight Talk Site.

go at it.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:27 AM   #6
tbeast
macrumors newbie

Okay, sorry if I'm off-topic. I saw some other posts similar to mine in this thread. The problem, for my wife and I, is that we have two iPhone 4s purchased two years ago when released and through Verizon. At $180/month, now that the contract is fulfilled, we'd like to reduce the monthly cost. The phone is fine, so we'd like to keep using the 4S, but we don't want to pay so much monthly. If we can simply take the phones and use them on the ST network, then that would be ideal. As I read the ST web-site, they do support Verizon CDMA, and that would suggest that this should be possible. But, there are also many thread suggesting that this is not possible. So, the simple question is whether we can take our Verizon two-year old 4S iphones and use them on ST.
tbeast is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting