Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I have been getting new apps update every few days now on my 4s. Before the apps will download and they go away. Now when I update it does not go away at all It just stays on the update section. Is there a way that it could be remove once the app updates?

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, very frustrating, but unfortunately there is no way you can remove them manually. Apple thought it is a good idea to keep them for your viewing pleasure, but to me it's just unnecessary pollution.
The good news is, that they tend to gradually disappear after 14 days, but the newer updates remain...
Hopefully Apple will fix this in the near future ;)

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
I think it's quite handy to see what's been updated with a mini change log. Might convince me to turn on auto-update.

That is the whole point of the update history, it amuses me that some people think that this is an issue that must be addressed by Apple.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Yeah, very frustrating, but unfortunately there is no way you can remove them manually. Apple thought it is a good idea to keep them for your viewing pleasure, but to me it's just unnecessary pollution.
The good news is, that they tend to gradually disappear after 14 days, but the newer updates remain...
Hopefully Apple will fix this in the near future ;)

Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.