Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
I think that by now apple should have solved this.

If you happen to change the password for iCloud the updates of iCal, Address Book, etc. will stop on every device until the new password is entered.

This everyone agrees is "acceptable".

What is not acceptable is that individual devices with the old password will not alert you that the account in no longer accessible (only mail does an alert).

I think that apple should realize that part of iCloud is ensuring all devices can access the accounts they are tied to, so a once a day check with warning would be welcome.

bobsax

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
I guess it's all about the devices?
I just wish iCal would email me events reminders .
I don't like alerts . If you're not an iPhone user they're useless.
On a mac the alerts are too easily ignored .

Anyway
your thread title is really stupid* and thats why nobody has replied to you.

*I don't mean that in an insulting way , it just has no information in the title.
I'm sure you must realize this and perhaps you were just venting and didn't expect any replies.:)

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
I don't mean that in an insulting way , it just has no information in the title.
I'm sure you must realize this and perhaps you were just venting and didn't expect any replies.:)

Not offended, and actually I do not think the title is wrong, it has the whole truth of what I want to say.

Fundamentally there is nothing wrong with how things are setup by apple, just that the option chosen is - in my eyes - not something I would consider paying for.

And I did not want to start larger debate on the why, the security, etc., its about the fact I would not pay for how apple has done this particular aspect of OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.