Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 1, 2003, 05:09 PM   #1
MacManiac1224
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to MacManiac1224
Question What would be good for MWSF?

What would be good for MWSF? What products would you guys be happy with? I don't know about you guys, but Apple is not realy inovating in the hardware area. They are really playing catch up with the PC. Persoanlly, I think Apple shoudl release some very needed hardware upgrades, i mean, 1 year for an iMac update? What is that all about? I think new iMacs/eMac's, and new Powermac's are in order. Hopefully a top out of 1.5-1.6Ghz. That would at least make it a little better in the Mac hardware arena.

What do you guys think?
Old Jan 2, 2003, 12:04 AM   #2
jholzner
macrumors 65816

I think they will update the iMacs/eMacs for sure. I think the reason they haven't bumped up the speed was to keep it below the speeds of the towers. Now that the Towers have been updated they will be able to give the iMacs/eMacs some speed bumps. I'm also hoping for some new features/bug fixes to iChat. I love the program and hope it gets better. Also, iMovie 2 is long overdue for a major update...plus, if they do, it will be on the same day that Microsoft releases their new MovieMaker software. Apple has been updating and adding features to the iPod and a pretty fast pace (in my opinion, anyway) so I only assume they will enhance it once again. Maybe w/radio tuner and the ability to record directly to the harddrive. I also assume something new and exciting will be coming...and I'm sure I can't guess what it is but it will seem so obvious once it's introduced. I used to be really into hardware only but since Steve Jobs has taken over and the release of Mac OS X and the iApps and all...I'm a big software junkie now!
jholzner is offline   0
Old Jan 2, 2003, 11:43 AM   #3
lmalave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to lmalave Send a message via MSN to lmalave Send a message via Yahoo to lmalave Send a message via Skype™ to lmalave
I'm hoping they roll out the new more power-efficient 7457 G4s running from 1GHz up to 1.4 GHz. They could put the 1GHz in the iBooks, and put DUAL 1GHz - 1.4GHz in the PowerBooks!! Then they could do something similar with the iMac and PowerMac - have the iMac going from a single 1GHz to a single 1.4GHz, and have the PowerMac going from dual 1GHz to dual 1.4GHz. I know that's not much of a CPU speed bump for the PowerMac, but at least the machines would be quieter since the 7547 consumes so much less power...

On the software side, I hope they came up with major improvements to iPhoto, iMovie, and iDVD, to compete with the new and/or updated Microsoft Media Center apps that MS is announcing on the same day as MWSF to steal Apple's thunder....

Last edited by lmalave; Jan 2, 2003 at 11:45 AM.
lmalave is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers