Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slickdeals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Any ideas or alternatives?

10/3 update NEWS:

THERE IS STILL A GLOBAL ATT IPHONE AND NON IPHONE UNLOCK ISSUES.

WE ARE IN PROCESS OF CANCELLING ALL ORDERS THAT ARE LATE. WE WILL REFUND YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF ORDERS. PLEASE

AS OF NOW THERE IS NO STABLE WAY OF UNLOCKING THESE PHONES. (BESIDES HUAWEI, HTC, LG, MOTOROLA, SAMSUNG, SIDEKICK, SONY ERICSSON) VIA MANUFACTURER METHOD AT A HIGHER PRICING.

WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCES AS THIS IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.

If your issue is something else please wait for a response.

Thanks

Birdmanrsx

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Not sure how anyone here is going to answer your question when you don't even list the site you are referring to.

iceman027

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
swiftunlocks.com refunded my money and said they had to stop taking requests because of high volume. I also need another option for unlocking, ATT is making me wait too long to unlock it for me

slickdeals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013

10/3 update NEWS:

WE ARE IN PROCESS OF CANCELLING ALL ORDERS THAT ARE LATE. WE WILL REFUND YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF ORDERS. PLEASE

AS OF NOW THERE IS NO STABLE WAY OF UNLOCKING THESE PHONES. (BESIDES HUAWEI, HTC, LG, MOTOROLA, SAMSUNG, SIDEKICK, SONY ERICSSON) VIA MANUFACTURER METHOD AT A HIGHER PRICING.

Thanks
swiftunlocks.com

scatterbrain92

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
Yeah, I also got that message from SwiftUnlocks (although I made the unlock order yesterday night, not today), tried on iphoneimei but they are having same issues..

Please any alternatives or sites to iPhone 5S unlocking (AT&T) ?

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Is this permanent? If so, I am pretty screwed. :eek:

No Its not permanent, from What I've been told, AT&T Servers had issues, caused backups, they tried to keep things moving but didn't work out and now they are simply just down (I've got orders pending for 3 days now with few of my suppliers)

Give it a few days (don't keep questioning who ever your buying from - its not going to make anything faster) things should be back to normal, Been doing unlocks for 7 months now, its a given every 1.5-2 months things go downhill and then pick back up again....its either the servers, people doing the unlocks (on carrier end) or simply suppliers fighting with each other lol...It happened with Telus Canada.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
No Its not permanent, from What I've been told, AT&T Servers had issues, caused backups, they tried to keep things moving but didn't work out and now they are simply just down (I've got orders pending for 3 days now with few of my suppliers)

Give it a few days (don't keep questioning who ever your buying from - its not going to make anything faster) things should be back to normal, Been doing unlocks for 7 months now, its a given every 1.5-2 months things go downhill and then pick back up again....its either the servers, people doing the unlocks (on carrier end) or simply suppliers fighting with each other lol...It happened with Telus Canada.

Are you sure? Several providers have taken down their service altogether and are refunding for new orders. Chronic reports that AT&T is trying to block outside unlocks altogether. I hear the server was supposed to come back up this morning but never did and that there have been delays all week. Anything new on your end?

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Are you sure? Several providers have taken down their service altogether and are refunding for new orders. Chronic reports that AT&T is trying to block outside unlocks altogether. I hear the server was supposed to come back up this morning but never did and that there have been delays all week. Anything new on your end?

About the same, Its possible AT&T is trying to do that (Haven't heard that one though) or its just suppliers wanting to raise price as AT&T unlocking for any smartphone is the cheapest on the planet --the guys did it for Telus/Canada ---some wanna be gods actually ruined the market and now all services are dead for Telus/Koodo iPhones -I'm talking about real suppliers (not sites and suppliers who claim to be direct source) cause the reality is everyone resells from the only 2-3 actual main supplier services and the chain is soo long that you can't see the other end of it lol......

I've dug pretty deep into this unlocking stuff and found that there really isn't a end to the rainbow...., "Direct" just doesn't exist, however if you a extremely reliable source, one can use the term "Direct" to define its services much like how other terms are used in the wild for example "Natural".

People closer to the top of the chain actually do rat each other out to the carriers (as iPhone unlocks are done by the same people who normal customers call in and request or sometimes those employee's create a backdoor for someone else to access and whitelist the IMEI's)

for now waiting is the best thing anyone along with we, can do.

People closer to the top

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
About the same, Its possible AT&T is trying to do that (Haven't heard that one though) or its just suppliers wanting to raise price as AT&T unlocking for any smartphone is the cheapest on the planet --the guys did it for Telus/Canada ---some wanna be gods actually ruined the market and now all services are dead for Telus/Koodo iPhones -I'm talking about real suppliers (not sites and suppliers who claim to be direct source) cause the reality is everyone resells from the only 2-3 actual main supplier services and the chain is soo long that you can't see the other end of it lol......

I've dug pretty deep into this unlocking stuff and found that there really isn't a end to the rainbow...., "Direct" just doesn't exist, however if you a extremely reliable source, one can use the term "Direct" to define its services much like how other terms are used in the wild for example "Natural".

People closer to the top of the chain actually do rat each other out to the carriers (as iPhone unlocks are done by the same people who normal customers call in and request or sometimes those employee's create a backdoor for someone else to access and whitelist the IMEI's)

for now waiting is the best thing anyone along with we, can do.

People closer to the top

Oh okay, so there isn't an ETA or anything like that as to when they will be back up? I wouldn't even mind paying more for them.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas

10/3 update NEWS:

Thanks
Wow this is crazy, I knew something like this would happen, good thing I unlocked my 5S last week with swiftunlocks :)

hillbilly181

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2007
it's not swift the problem, but the service, so no matter who you choose, you still have to wait ;)

That's good to know. Thanks man. Do you know how many days this is projected to take? Is this stuff generally fixed pretty quickly? I'm out a phone....

Last edited:

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
There is an update posted on the Contact page at SwiftUnlocks:

AS OF NOW ALL AT&t USA IPHONE UNLOCKING IS DOWN. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER ON SITE WHEN ITS WORKING.IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR AN ORDER PLEASE GIVE US TIME. IF THE ORDER IS NOT COMPLETED SOON FOR AN AT&t ORDER, WE WILL CANCEL IT SOON.

We are sorry for delays in response and timeframes of orders. Keep in mind, we are getting thousands of emails in response to this. Please do NOT email us about it as will not reply.

AT&T has changed their policies as of now. This is a global issue (not with our company only).

Thanks for understanding

That last sentence has me worried. It sounds like AT&T is finally cracking down on these unlocking services.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Like said above its a GLOBAL ATT IPHONE UNLOCK ISSUE.
Give it a few days, don't panic, relax, breath and everything will go back to normal.
It happens here and there and its not one unlocker that's down, its all.

joecartoon22

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
will this affect any of the iphones that were already unlocked?

i had my 5s unlocked last week and am trying to unlock my wife's now via swiftunlocks but got an email saying that it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.