Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has seeded a new release of OS X Mavericks to members of the AppleSeed beta testing program, a little more than two weeks after the release of the eighth Developer Preview. DP 8 had a version number of 13A584, while today's release is build 13A598.

appleseedbuild.jpg
Separately, 9to5Mac reports that this build may be a GM candidate, according to AppleSeed members, while other sources have said the final release build will be several versions newer. The OS was reportedly nearly ready for release a few weeks ago, but was pushed back because of "critical bugs".
Since being announced at WWDC, OS X Mavericks is said to have picked up a few minor unannounced features. Namely, the Messages and FaceTime applications have received the ability to block phone numbers and Apple IDs from sending the Mavericks user messages and/or FaceTime calls. This addition brings parity to iOS 7 and the two operating systems will sync in this manner.
OS X Mavericks, which is expected to be released this fall, includes multiple new features like a tabbed Finder, full screen dual monitor capabilities, Safari improvements, and a new Maps app.

Apple is reportedly targeting a late October launch for OS X Mavericks.

Article Link: Apple Seeds New 13A598 Build of Mavericks to AppleSeed Members

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
I'm glad OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion is still getting attention. I think I'll wait a few months for any initial bugs to be ironed out and then upgrade to OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

joshwenke

Suspended
Mar 26, 2011
Always thought "AppleSeed" was a cute name to use to introduce new seeds to the developers.

mattking

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2008
Does this version include a finalised GUI for Notes and Game Center yet? Also I think maybe Contacts was due for revision too...

Or is the feeling likely to be that we'll see this in the Mavericks revisited segment that will probably accompany the new iPads, Mac Pro event etc.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I wish there was a way to find out now if this is a GM or not! But oh well haha

Until they decide if the bugs are fixed enough or not, even Apple doesn't know if it's GM yet.

----------

DP1 includes a finalised GUI for Notes and Game Center.

My lord, let's hope not. Same with reminders. We don't know that anything is finalized until they actually release it, the later it gets the less likely for major changes but things like texture swaps are still possible.

eltaurus

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Mac Pro & Mavericks .. waiting for you specially Mac pro for a long long time

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
Does this version include a finalised GUI for Notes and Game Center yet? Also I think maybe Contacts was due for revision too..

I imagine that Mavericks is really just a stop-gap for the time being, with regards to U.I design. It's inevitable that Apple will release an iOS 7 inspired successor next year, and providing the changes are carefully tuned, then I for one can't wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.