Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vtatai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Brazil
Since the last release (5) of Netflix, I can't connect my iPad 2 to my TV using the HDMI adapter. It says it "Can't play the video", and tells me to turn off AirPlay Mirroring (but I'm not using it). Otherwise Netflix can play videos fine using only the iPad's display. Other apps (such as YouTube) can play through HDMI with no issues.

Anyone else has experienced this? Please help!

Thanks,

Victor

80zHD

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2013
I have iphone4 and mine plays the sound through my TV But the screen is netflix and it tells me the same thing about mirroring. It was perfect until I downloaded the update last night. ######

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Since the last release (5) of Netflix, I can't connect my iPad 2 to my TV using the HDMI adapter. It says it "Can't play the video", and tells me to turn off AirPlay Mirroring (but I'm not using it). Otherwise Netflix can play videos fine using only the iPad's display. Other apps (such as YouTube) can play through HDMI with no issues.

Anyone else has experienced this? Please help!

Thanks,

Victor

Jailbreak and use the mirroring / HTML enabler tweaks.

vtatai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Brazil
Yeah I might try Jailbreaking if absolutely nothing works, I'd have to downgrade my iPad back to iOS 6 and then Jailbreak :( :mad:

cbgoings

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2010
I had to use iTunes to revert back to previous Netflix app version 4.3.1. Just delete off device and the reinstall older version from iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.