Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following today's release of OS X Mavericks Build 13A598 for members of the company's AppleSeed testing program, Apple has now posted the build for all registered Mac developers, referring to it as the "GM" (Golden Master) version that will be released to the public.

mavericks_gm.jpg
Apple has also seeded the GM build of Xcode 5.0.1 for building applications for Mavericks.

Apple is reportedly targeting a late October launch for Mavericks, with the company starting to train AppleCare staff on the upcoming operating system this week. Sources have indicated that training must be completed by October 11.

Update: Apple has also seeded developers with an iPhoto 9.4.7 update that "addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly on launch when running OS X Mavericks GM Seed."

Article Link: OS X Mavericks Released for All Mac Developers as Golden Master Seed

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
nice, looks like I'll be doing a clean install tomorrow morning on my main dev machine :)

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
New iOS last month, new OSX this month, and there is a new iPad in my future as well. Very exciting time of year to be an Apple fan.

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
Great news! Hopefully Apple provides free upgrades for people buying in last 2 weeks / 1 month as previously.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Need to be paid developer (not just registered)

Looks like you need to be an "enrolled" (paid) developer and not just a registered developer.

Oh well - it's imminent.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Awesome! Although I'd love it if someone could test CandyBar app for me & others, I love customizing Icons on OSX, and It's a bit of a pain to do it without CandyBar..

I know the software didn't work in the developer previews, but maybe It's different with GM?

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Am really looking forward to this, though I hope it doesn't go the way of iOS7 and require a lot of updates quickly after it's release. I'd like to know that most software I use currently continues to run smoothly with the new OSX also.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
For anyone who's already downloaded the GM and wanting to clean install using a flashdrive, try Lion DiskMaker 3 beta to create it. It seems to be working great here so far.

Edit: Not so fast, I got an error during the lengthy file copying process. I contacted the maker of LDM and gave him some feedback/screenshots etc... hopefully it'll be updated soon to handle the GM.

Last edited:

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I really hope this means updated macbook pro's soon.

I'm a little rusty on my Sea Lion knowledge, but as I recall there were significant power-saving features being added. I'm sure they'll want to release Sea Lion at the same time they release new laptops, so they can brag about battery times.

The real question is, will the Mac Pro be released at the same time, too?

jasonefmonk

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2011
Now we get to find out if it's a paid update or free. Mountain Lion was $20 and Lion before it was $30.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.