Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cavemanit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
Hey guys,

What are some good cleaning material for a macbook? My friend borrowed mine, and when he returned it, it was very dirty! What do you personally use for wiping the display and keyboard?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Apple also gives instructions on how to clean your Mac in the User Guides for the MBA, MBP and iMac:
Cleaning your Mac When cleaning the outside of your Mac and its components, first shut down your Mac, and then unplug the power adapter. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the Mac exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Do not spray liquid directly on the computer. Do not use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives that might damage the finish. Cleaning the Mac screen To clean your Mac screen, first shut down your Mac and unplug the power adapter. Then use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with just water and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.
Also, you'll find plenty of suggestions by searching through the many existing threads on this topic, such as these:

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
Hey guys,

What are some good cleaning material for a macbook? My friend borrowed mine, and when he returned it, it was very dirty! What do you personally use for wiping the display and keyboard?

Water usually gets mine very clean, also the cheapest material you'll find.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
Use nothing but distilled water on the screen. On the body itself, I use alcohol.

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I use Brasso Gadget Care. Pretty good for the screen and I use it for the body too.

cavemanit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
Thanks for the tips guys - especially GGJstudios. but I think I'll take the throw it in the tube advice. hehe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.