Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StockDC2

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2011
I am looking to sell my Macbook Pro 15" Early 2011 and was wondering what a fair price for it would be. The specs are:

Intel Core i7 2.3Ghz
4GB DDR3
750GB HDD
ATI 6750M 1GB + Intel 3000
Anti-Glare LCD (1680x1050)

It's in excellent condition (looks new except for a 1/4" minor scratch on the back).

I was thinking $1100 would be fair?

Let me know. Thanks.

Pearl Wisdom

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
A friend just bought that same configuration refurbished from Microcenter two weeks ago for $1200. Included charger, nothing else, but was in perfect condition - maybe a few tiny scratches on the case, screen was perfect, battery only had a few cycles on it. Microcenter gave 90 day parts and labor warranty. I thought it was a good buy.

StockDC2

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Awesome, thanks for the response.

I can't remember how many cycles are on my battery but I do know that there aren't many.

I did some snooping on eBay and it seems that $1100 is a pretty fair price. I was going to upgrade the memory to 16GB and throw in a 256GB SSD (both of which I have) but if I were to do that, I'd ask for $1350 which is closing in on rMBP territory.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Awesome, thanks for the response.

I can't remember how many cycles are on my battery but I do know that there aren't many.

I did some snooping on eBay and it seems that $1100 is a pretty fair price. I was going to upgrade the memory to 16GB and throw in a 256GB SSD (both of which I have) but if I were to do that, I'd ask for $1350 which is closing in on rMBP territory.

Unless you just need to get rid of the RAM & SSD dont add them - the value of your machine on the "used" market will only slightly increase with those add ons - even though they are significant.

People purchasing used machines are looking to but the "cheapest" computer they can - for the most part.

StockDC2

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Just to update the thread, the MBP was just sold for $1000 even on Craigslist. Took a week before someone responded to my ad. Luckily the person purchased it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.