Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
No question Calendar in ioS 7 sucks!! I have complained about 10 times to Apple but me alone will not do anything. Anyone and everyone lets flood Apple with messages on upgrading back to the ios 6 Calendar.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

There must be a pile of bug reports going back to beta 1 of ios 7 but they haven't listened yet. I agree though, we need to stand for apple to listen

kunai

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2013
Wait for a jailbreak. Most likely, there will be a way for you to roll back to iOS 6 apps when it hits.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
There must be a pile of bug reports going back to beta 1 of ios 7 but they haven't listened yet. I agree though, we need to stand for apple to listen

I may not install OSX 10.9 if this picture is true.

jhwalker

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2011
You have not used Calendar in IOS 6 extensively.

I guess not - just every single day, for both home and work :roll eyes:

Really, what is different, and why are folks so fired up they want to roll back to an older version? I'm truly curious.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
I'm not sure whats bothering everyone so much? I actually find it alot easier to use, and its more efficient for me. I like it so much more that I now use it for just about everything where as on iOS 6 I was using a Calendar app.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I'm not sure whats bothering everyone so much? I actually find it alot easier to use, and its more efficient for me. I like it so much more that I now use it for just about everything where as on iOS 6 I was using a Calendar app.

I also think it it better now. I will tell Apple to keep it.

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City

Some people just need a reason to be angry, that's all. Life is no fun without drama I guess... :rolleyes:

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
What's wrong with it? Seriously, I've had no problems or even noticed any difference.

I guess not - just every single day, for both home and work :roll eyes:

Really, what is different, and why are folks so fired up they want to roll back to an older version? I'm truly curious.

What about it sucks?

Interesting, a lot of people seem to be complaining but no one can answer why it sucks or what they hate?

I love the aesthetics in the new calendar, and my only complaint would be losing the month view with list of events below. But I use fantastical quite a bit so it doesn't bother me much.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
No question Calendar in ioS 7 sucks!! I have complained about 10 times to Apple but me alone will not do anything. Anyone and everyone lets flood Apple with messages on upgrading back to the ios 6 Calendar.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I don't find IOS6 calendar to be much better, IMO.

Basically, I love IOS7's new calendar UI, but I still find it unusable as is. Give me fantastical any time of the day.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Interesting, a lot of people seem to be complaining but no one can answer why it sucks or what they hate?

I love the aesthetics in the new calendar, and my only complaint would be losing the month view with list of events below. But I use fantastical quite a bit so it doesn't bother me much.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about on the new calendar? It's definitely better than the iOS 6 version and is very nice UI wise.

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2006
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about on the new calendar? It's definitely better than the iOS 6 version and is very nice UI wise.

Agreed. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the red. I would like to be able to change that to something else. Other than that, it was pretty easy to get used to and I'm pretty happy with it.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
My parents haven't upgraded to iOS 7 for the calendar. Everything else they love. I like the calendar but I dislike how they've gotten rid of the daily "preview". You only see a "dot" and have to click on that to go into the specific day. I liked how before you could click on any particular day for example and not have to go specifically into the day you're looking at.

Just my 50 cents..

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
My parents haven't upgraded to iOS 7 for the calendar. Everything else they love. I like the calendar but I dislike how they've gotten rid of the daily "preview". You only see a "dot" and have to click on that to go into the specific day. I liked how before you could click on any particular day for example and not have to go specifically into the day you're looking at.

Just my 50 cents..

Even that I don't get. If and when I open up my calendar, it goes straight to the today view. Most of the time, I don't have to open it because I can see my upcoming appointments in the notification screen.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009

Just my 50 cents..

Even that I don't get. If and when I open up my calendar, it goes straight to the today view. Most of the time, I don't have to open it because I can see my upcoming appointments in the notification screen.

Actually I agree with the deejay there, that was a great feature. Tapping any day of the month, instantly seeing a list of events for that day, and still having the month in view to hit another day if needed. I do that on fantastical all the time.

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Did the old calendar only let you set appointments in 5 minute intervals? I can't recall, but it seems like I'm doing more scrolling than before. Also, when I fling the wheel and put my finger down to stop it, it doesn't stop.

I also prefer the old list view at the bottom for each day.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada

The calendar stinks and here's why.

When you select a day it goes to that day and all I see is a 6 hour window. Before I could press the day and it would list my scheduled appointments at the bottom. I could see I had a lunch meeting and an 8pm call so instantly I could see where I was unavailable. That same task in iOS 7 requires me to have to scroll through the entire day to verify my appointments.

Now if we are ONLY talking about tomorrow, no big deal because I can pull up the list and see it or only have to scroll through one day. However if I want to quickly cycle through Monday Tuesday Wednesday this week next week and the week after it takes much longer and it is tedious. When I'm scheduling meetings with people I am instantly slower at responding for available dates.

You might like the new calendar because the changes do not affect you but it is not better than iOS 6. I'm not saying I want it the old one back, but I'm calling a spade a spade. It is worse and they will should do something about it.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
send_error_dialog.jpg

We all remember this. I doubt Microsoft have even touched 1% of their collected error reports. What makes you think Apple will look at feedback from non-developers? Especially when Apple are in the opinion that they know what consumers want better than the consumers themselves.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011

Would you please give a couple bug examples?

I initially disliked the calendar due to the missing preview pane, but now that I've worked with it a few weeks I'm not as dissatisfied as I thought. I can get the view/functionality I'm looking for by tapping the little magnifying glass. I'm liking how Today interfaces with it. I accept invites, place appointments and meetings, rcv alerts all as I expect. I can live with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.