Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agoodkeensavage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
I have had a problem with (now Google owned) Nik collection plugin crashing from within Aperture, but not Photoshop. The support have asked me to send a screenshot of my Arial fonts with non-system duplicates removed and my system report.
I note that on their example screenshot they blurred the serial number of the machine, yet here I am about to send the entire system report. Is sending someone your system report safe?

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
I have had a problem with (now Google owned) Nik collection plugin crashing from within Aperture, but not Photoshop. The support have asked me to send a screenshot of my Arial fonts with non-system duplicates removed and my system report.
I note that on their example screenshot they blurred the serial number of the machine, yet here I am about to send the entire system report. Is sending someone your system report safe?

I write the tool we use for troubleshooting 1Password (it won't help you in this case) and I gather the system information (primarily for ram, machine version, and processor speed) this grabs the serial number but after getting it I remove the serial number from the output before it gets written to a file for our support team to see.

I do this primarily because in the past users have posted their reports publicly, and we wanted to make sure nothing personally identifying was being leaked online.

If you're sending this in to Google, I doubt it will matter. If it's being posted publicly, then yes, you should remove the serial number I think. If they're asking for a screenshot, just download an image utility that will allow you to scrub it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.