Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
Everyone in my family has an account we love how easy it is to share videos etc me and my sister and most of my friends run XBMC on raspberry pi's that works great for us, but my parents still watch videos on their laptop is it feasible to use on an Apple TV? I mainly want them to have a simple UI and hassle free updates etc.

holtchristian

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2007
yes- i do and it's phenomenal. There are a few apps on the appstore you can use, but the site through safari works plenty good as well. The video quality is amazing for me (where it can be iffy in my house) and it only takes a minute to download a torrent and be watching it on my tv through airplay. truly amazing.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
I wonder who's owning/running that site and how do they use their collected knowledge of your torrenting habits & patterns?

holtchristian

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2007
From what I've read it's safe and anonymous. Can't be worse then downloading from my AT&T Internet at home. And I use it as a temporary placehold for media, that I then download and put in plex and delete from put.io which they say is gone from any account log or whatever. Who knows but it's out of country and is a seedbox of sorts that acts the same way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.